2 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Treasury Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group function of the business.
The Assistant Treasury Accountant role is critical to maintenance of controls and delivery of Treasury objectives and is a central role in a small, high performing team. The Treasury department manages the Group’s cash, debt, currency forwards and commodity hedges, investment portfolio, hedge accounting and currency forecasting as well as technical hedge and investment accounting.
We are a Group function and have internal stakeholders across the Group and external stakeholders too; bondholders, rating agencies, banks and of course our customers. Key to success is living by The Saga Way and embedding our core values in all we do.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* Cash management - manage Group wide bank account balances each day such that there are no overdrawn balances and that surplus funds are invested in line with policy
* Consolidate Travel currency forecasts and prepare currency hedging requirements for review by Treasury Accountant
* Update monthly hedge accounting records and prepare journal and analysis for review by Treasury Accountant
* Prepare monthly investment and debt accounting papers for review
* Prepare month end divisional and Group reporting packs for review by Treasury accountant
* Organise and lead quarterly meetings with operational counterparts at the Group’s transaction banks to include review of failed and urgent payments to drive operational changes to cut transactional banking costs
* Prepare quarterly bank cost reporting
* Prepare monthly Treasury dashboard with analysis and insight
* FX spot, forward and swap Trading on behalf of the Travel businesses in line with Group policy
* Collate and challenge monthly business cash flows and consolidate into a Treasury operational cash forecast to aid liquidity management
* Keep bank account mandate records up to date with current signatories
* Escalate merchant services and Bacs queries to bank relationship contacts where necessary to drive resolution
* Maintain central repository of Bacs and Merchant Services static data
* Lead on all account openings and closures in line with Group policy
* Support ad hoc projects as required
* Coordinate responses to external audit requests
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
* Ideally operational Treasury experience within the financial services sector
Education and qualifications:
* Graduate or AAT qualified
* Ideally studying towards ACCA
* Demonstrable commercial thinking and awareness. Highly numerate and methodical
* Good communication skills. Keeps others fully informed. Prefers face to face contact with stakeholders
* Acts proactively to improve customer service
* Takes a proactive approach to own development and demonstrates a strong interest in keeping to date with economic and political news that may impact the Group
* Self motivated, self-starter with a high level of energy
* Thinks laterally to identify new or untried solutions leading to business benefits
* Intelligent, logical thinker
* Open to new ideas
* Improves team effectiveness by providing a sense of purpose and values, and by involving team members
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.