6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2.
Your role is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual’s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Leader and having people management responsibility for the team members within the Store, you will be expected to lead the store along the store leader on a daily basis.
Travel is part of the role through Store Visits and wider team meetings and depending on the Store location and trading patterns, weekend and evening working will be expected.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Empowering your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
* Monitoring daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and key business information to the team
* Leading the performance of the team alongside the store leader and delivering monthly 1-2-1s
* Utilising O2 Campus and Leap sales framework
* Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours. To help to grow talent and succession within the store.
* Being passionate about O2`s products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business. Becoming a guide in all things O2.
* Using in store systems to take ownership of compliance to deliver O2 policies and procedures.
* Maximising productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas in an effective and timely manner
* Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
* Deputising for the Store Leader when required
* Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
Skills and Experience Needed
What we look for is:
* Someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
* Someone who has previous Budget and Profit and Loss responsibility
* Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be high performing and brings their team on a journey
* Strong coaching skills
* The ability to work frameworks to provide support, training and development
* A great communicator
* Someone who can be agile, who can change and adapt to suit business needs
* Commercial acumen
* Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
* Ability to work to processes
* Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
What we will give you:
* Competitive salary
* 24 Holidays days
* Fantastic induction programme
* Learning and development support
* Flexible benefits to suit you
Hours: 37.5hrs (Full flexibility required)
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to flexible working allows us to consider requests for part time and flexible working hours to be options for this role. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your career starts here.