11 months ago
Assistant Store Manager
Full Time - Glasgow
END. needs an Assistant Manager to complete the management team of our End. store in Glasgow. The high design store is as much a work of art as it is a Retail space, spanning 3 floors and offering cutting edge sportswear, leading Japanese brands, contemporary menswear and luxury collections to the Glasgow market.
This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join such a high profile store, as such it demands the recruitment of a passionate, knowledgeable and experienced Assistant Manager accustomed to aiming high and performing to their best under pressure. This role will kick start your career within a young, progressive and exciting business.
Spanning 3 floors and representing over 250+ brands we want an ambitious and energetic individual, who is accustomed to troubleshooting and problem solving, motivating and developing a large diverse team and unconditionally supporting a dynamic and forward thinking Store Manager. We want an Assistant Manager who is driven to develop quickly into a mature and well-rounded Store Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To assist the store manager in the operating manner of their choice, exhibiting continuity in all operations.
* Positioned to be ready to assist with and take over full managerial tasks as necessary.
* To be familiar with the entire running of the Store Operations with a good working knowledge of the processes behind all services and procedures.
* Ensuring the full team is equipped with knowledge relevant to the industry and the specific product END. represents.
* To lead the team in excellence of service through outwardly displaying exemplary service techniques.
* To drive the store sales through personally and effectively motivating the team to achieve and exceed set budgets and sales targets.
* To identify opportunities and initiatives to continually improve performance, communicating them to the Store Manager regularly.
* Ensure that the store image is in line with business standards by conducting and following up on floor walks to maintain awareness of product and merchandising standards, utilising floorplans, replenishing stock and following VM guidelines.
* Financial accountability in supporting the Store manager in managing wage to sales budget, shrinkage and revenue.
* To maintain workplace safety and provide a healthy environment for staff and customers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* It is imperative that you are a visual representation of END.
* You must display a diverse and broad skill base in business management.
* Ambition within the Retail Function – we want to develop you into a successful Store Manager.
* Prepared and energised to put in the necessary effort to help make the business a success.
* A genuine love for your work and the Industry you are in.
* You must be charismatic with an energy that entices people.
* You should be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive Salary
* Generous staff discount
* 30 holidays (including 8 bank holidays)
* Company pension scheme
* Opportunities for professional development and career progression
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Eye-test vouchers
* Child care vouchers
* Social events
To apply for this position, please , informing us which vacancy you wish to apply for and why you feel that you are a suitable candidate.