3 months ago
Assistant Shop Manager
Apply now »
London , Victoria Coach Statio, GB, SW1W 9TP
Join the family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team.
At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
* plus sales related commission after training
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: Working 42 hours per week, you will be working 5 of 7 days, including rotational weekends. Shifts will typically be scheduled from 4.30 am to 11.30 pm, on occasions to cover sickness and holidays night shifts will be required.
When you're as busy as our shops are, you need leadership at every level. Our Assistant Managers are the perfect example.
Working closely with the Shop Manager you’ll organise and develop your team on a daily basis to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for your customers. You’ll have a knack for delivering great service in a fun atmosphere and inspire your team to do the same.
This is management at its most practical – so you'll spend a sizeable amount of time rolling your sleeves up, getting involved in food preparation, serving customers and making sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming at all times.
As an Assistant Manager we’ll look to you to communicate shop performance to the rest of the team and keep them motivated to help you to deliver your targets.
Supervisors or line managers – ideally with food production experience – fit in perfectly here. You need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and above all a passion to constantly focus on our customers.
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. As well as the opportunity to develop and progress your career with us.
To be able to:
* Deliver great service experiences for your customers
* Help lead a high performing team
* Achieve consistently high standards
* Drive sales in your shop
* Contribute to the profit of your shop
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• 21 days holiday a year plus bank holidays. This increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1-year continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• And plenty more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Apply now »