8 months ago
A Bit About Us
OTE £35,000 to £40,000
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that are thrown away by UK households every year.
Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company that like to think big.
Our new plant in Telford, Shropshire is state of the art - and able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK and this is where the role will be based.
A key channel at AO Recycling is the repair and re-use of white goods, sold to small traders, to our outlet shop and as larger bulk deals. This role fits within this channel and it’s an area which is growing, and growing fast!
More About the Role
This newly created role, based at our Telford site, is part of our continued commitment to grow and build a sustainable business. The role is centred on growing the sales of white goods from the re-use operation and making this UK leading, best in class.
The Assistant Sales Manager will have responsibility for an existing team of 4 sales people, and a current turnover of +£2.5 millions per annum, reporting into the Re-Use Sales and Production Manager.
The role will be fully supported by the Commercial Team providing in-depth performance reporting, KPIs and trend analysis.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Supervise the activities of the sales team in order to meet and exceed sales target, and be involved in setting sales targets.
* Collaborate with the Re-Use Sales and Production Manager and Commercial Team to plan and develop effective sales strategies, deliver budgeted performance and support investment in new technologies to underpin exceptional growth.
* Understand, manage and grow the customer base, across multiple channels, incorporating detailed understanding of the competitive marketplace, specific customer propositions and the end-to-end sales flow.
* Manage all team members against KPI’s, providing support and development, and provide an environment for them to flourish and grow.
* Establish new sales channels and work closely with production and other in-feeds of stock to ensure the product and offering match market demands.
* Drive efficient stock turn, and ensure accurate and timely supply of orders.
* Display and explain company products/quality/warranties to potential customers to influence purchase. Use this knowledge to develop further customer propositions which drive high conversion and margin maximisation.
* Understand the production process, associated costs and required sell prices to exceed budgeted profitability.
* Maintain contact with customers in order to create a good working relationship that fosters repeat business, sell price maximisation and stable sales performance.
* Resolve customer issues fairly, ensure sales process accurately reflects the customer proposition and the customer journey remains best in class.
* Arrange and deliver effective sales meetings, ensuring your team has clear direction, insight and knowledge.
* Work closely with other AO businesses to maximise opportunities for inventory and shared learnings.
* Monitor the performance of sales staff to enable specific training and development plans, and implement those plans.
* Participate in the interviewing, recruiting, and training of your team.
* Maintain an updated knowledge of company’s goals, vision, and values.
* Ensure adherence to the work policies, ethics and ethos of AO.
A Few Things About You
The applicant must possess the following attributes:
* Be commercially astute with business acumen to expand and grow organically a successful and proven business unit.
* Be able to understand business opportunities and risks, and communicate these to your team and senior management
* Be able to develop executable plans to deliver success, and deliver these as part of a team.
* Be a proven leader who can motivate a team to deliver common goals.
* Be results driven, competitive, ambitious and fun.
* Be IT literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Have a proven track record of sales, preferably within the white goods industry.
* Be punctual, honest and reliable.
* Be able to manage KPIs and motivate staff to hit targets.
* Have experience managing a portfolio of B2B customers.
* Ideally 2+ years in a sales role with proven results.
* Experience in a supervisory role.
* Experience in staff organization.
* Experience of stock taking and invoicing.
If you are relentless in driving success, innovative and courageous in delivering fantastic customer experience, and do this with a smile on your face, then AO Recycling could be for you.
Similar experience is key. However, at AO Recycling we develop our teams to deliver our goals.
In addition to salary and bonus (negotiable based on experience) there is a company pension scheme and company benefits.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.