3 months ago
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Product team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Home Insurance function of the business.
You will be managingthe development of products, working with the team to deliver product development in line with industry regulation and strategic objectives.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
* Manage and develop market-leading insurance products incorporating key TCF principles for the suite of Saga Services products as appropriate and required.
* Work across the product team to deliver a programme of product development for Saga to position them as market-leaders in the general Insurance sector.
* Manage relationships with underwriters and partners to deliver effective product management and development.
* Manage product P&L's, looking for ways to improve results by reducing costs without impacting customer satisfaction.
* Project manage the implementation of product changes through the change programme and fault prioritisation process.
* Deliver product performance analysis with appropriate recommendations
* Maintain price competitiveness consistent with the Group brands through market comparisons and actuarial liaison.
* Manage product management and development and understand reasons for their successes/failures, incorporating regulations & principles e.g. FCA .
* Ensure all customer communications and agent training packs are technically correct, consistent, aligned with the Group brands and meet relevant regulatory requirements.
* Undertake root cause analysis of products to understand key drivers behind customer complaints and deliver innovative solutions.
* Push product highlights & benefits into the public eye whenever possible.
* Intervene where necessary to ensure the fair and effective resolution of customer disputes.
* Maintain effective relationships with management at third parties and within the company Group.
* Management of risk in accordance with corporate governance framework.
* Champion initiatives to combat fraud throughout all the stages of the product lifecycle.
* Ability to direct and manage generic projects spanning all areas of the products managed within the team as and when required.
* Ability and desire to promote and deliver new initiatives and products in line with strategic objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* The day-to-day management of insurance products.
* Project management
* General Insurance
* Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary staff across virtual teams
* Product development
Education and Qualifications:
* Good standard of secondary education
* Knowledge of general insurance markets, products and practices including regulatory regime and TCF
* Knowledge of product management of general insurance products
* Capable project manager, managing change through the governance programme to deliver product development.
* Able to represent the Saga brand with third parties dealing with new and existing products
* Excellent personal communication and presentation skills.
* Strong virtual team management skills with the ability to work collaboratively across functions a team player.
* Knowledge of marketing practices
* Customer focussed approach
* High levels of drive and enthusiasm a self-starter
* Strong analytical skills, comfortable working at a detailed level
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* Saga Social Club
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Childcare vouchers
* Free eyetests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.