3 months ago
Assistant Manager - SLOUGH STORE
About our company
Savers in 2016 was awarded a 1 Star accreditation as a Sunday Times Top 25 Big Companies to work for. This recognises the levels of engagement within our teams and demonstrates our commitment to our people. Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. “Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street …from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient and trained colleagues.” We provide branded products at affordable prices. We work extensively on the range of products we offer and have extended our ranges and in 2010 we introduced alcohol into stores. We continue to strive to launch the biggest products on the high street at the lowest prices. We have 350 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales and still expanding.
Outline of role
A Savers Assistant Manager’s role is all about delivering an exceptional shopping experience through your people. You will need to create a day to day working environment that is warm, supportive and friendly. You will use your great delegation skills to get the job done. No day will ever be the same so it is a multi-tasker’s dream job!
You will work alongside your Store Manager using your local knowledge to maximise sales opportunities and profit. You will enjoy being part of the community and know your customers by name making the store a friendly place to shop.
It’s a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. Savers Assistant Managers are extremely important to us, we recognise that you are our Store Managers of tomorrow. We are an expanding business which means there are opportunities to take the next step if you want to. We will actively develop your skills and offer real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training.
Interested so far?
Assistant Manager Job Description 2016
To come on board as a Savers Assistant Manager you will have the following experience:
• Effective leadership and communication skills demonstrated across all levels of the business.
• Ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills.
• Good commercial understanding with proven track record of supporting with delivering financial performance of a store, managing KPIs and compliance.
• Experience as a Supervisor or Assistant Manager with a fast moving high street retailer.
• Experience of working in a target driven business.
• Self-driven and passionate about retailing.
• Able to build relationships and relates well to all kinds of people.
• Willing and able to travel to support the area when required.
• Actively drives own personal development.
Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
If this sounds like you please apply today!
About the department
Our stores are generally small with a friendly feel and you are part of the community when you work at Savers and we encourage this by getting involved with local community programmes.
* Pension & Life assurance
* Company sick pay scheme
* 33 days holiday
* Discount card and access to discounts in 3,500 retailers using mysaversdeals.co.uk
* Reward & recognition scheme and long service awards
* Discounted gym membership
* Discounted Tastecard membership
* Simply health wellbeing plan
* Employee assistance programme with Retail Trust
* Bonus Scheme up to 30% of salary (non contractual)
* Discount card with sister company Superdrug
£18,000 per annum
Hours per week
39 hours per week
Publication end date