2 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the AICL business
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager, this role will involve:-
* Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts including preparation of data from source systems
* Responsible for key balance sheet reconciliations
* Ownership of key reports such as payment of levies, operating expenses and control accounts
* Posting month end journals
* Reconciliation of large payments to key suppliers
* Ad-hoc project work/ Assisting with financial audits of key suppliers
Previous experience in a financial and/or management report environment would be preferable. You will bring good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
* Support the Assistant Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including the preparation of key reconciliations and the posting of journals
* Posting of the General Ledger for Cash Payments and Reserves for all claims accounts on a monthly basis
* Reconciliation and maintenance of claims creditors and income for motor and home coinsurance claims accounts
* Preparation of Financial Statements for co-insurance agreements and quota share arrangements
* Proactively monitor and review controls for breaches and effectiveness
* Investigate and propose solutions to possible areas of risk
* Aid the Assistant Finance Manager in the production of statutory deliverables including: Solvency Returns; Corporation Tax computations; VAT Returns; IPT Returns and Levy Returns
* Support the business in monitoring and managing relationships with preferred suppliers, including audit of appropriate financial processes and information
* Creation and posting of 1Insurer and Homeflo payment runs
* Dealing with ad-hoc queries from the Operations departments requiring urgent resolution
* Other responsibilities include: Financial auditing of internal processes; liaising with other Group functions as appropriate; preparation of financial management information; ad-hoc financial and operational projects
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Good Excel skills
* Good technical accounting knowledge
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly digest detailed and complex information
* Insurance knowledge an advantage
* Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and work to specific deadlines
Education and Qualifications:
* Studying AAT or have a degree relevant to accountancy and finance
* Good communication skills, both verbal and through presentation of written data.
* Motivated and passionate about delivering a quality product
* A good team player who is also well able to work independently when required
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.