3 months ago
Assistant Category Manager (Commercial Services)
Job Number: 17614
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
This is a great opportunity for a someone who is looking to start their career in retail and who is passionate about developing their career within commercial and product management, whatever the area. Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you have a creative mind for problem solving? Are you passionate about technology and retail? The Commercial Services category is a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, working with our colleagues in Computing, Appliance and Electronics categories as well as the leading brands in the technology industry, and is a key category within the wider business.
The Assistant Category Manager will support the Commercial and Product Managers in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity in support of our marketing team and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver a compelling offer, whilst also having ownership of specific projects. This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever-changing needs of our customers.
* Support the management of the category through analysis of the commercial performance.
* Assist in the creation of annual budgets, short term forecasts at P&L level and reporting against these metrics on a weekly and periodic basis.
* Responsible for continuous improvement and profit optimisation, through end to end process re-engineering and the development of KPI reporting.
* Provide support to the Product and Commercial Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner that stock levels can support these plans.
* Brief and supervise marketing in the production of literature to including briefing, sign-off and distribution of printed literature and ensure the business communicates the proposition effectively at point of sale and online
* Track stock supplies across all marketing and communication and work in conjunction with suppliers to order when necessary.
* Produce competitor, market and regulatory research to ensure we remain relevant to our customers, which will be presented back to the wider team
* Produce and maintain plans for delivery for all initiatives and work streams
* Work with other business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to ensure end to end customer journey is being correctly managed and delivers the required outcome, including regular reviews both of commercial and operational outcomes, effectively resolving problems
You will need:
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Some experience of Business Objects or other data mining tools would be beneficial.
* Experience working within a FMCG or retailer would be beneficial
* Good knowledge of UK&I Business, commercial (profit) models, operating models and selling models
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.