5 months ago
Assistant Category Manager 2 (PCW Business)
Job Number: 17306
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
The assistant Buyer/category manager will support the Category manager in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and business customers to deliver a compelling range, offer competitive pricing and helping deliver key promotions.
Working in partnership with the Planning, Web, Marketing and Central sales functions to achieve the sales and profit targets across all channels.
We work across computing (laptops, desktops, smart tech etc.), Consumer electronics (Large screen TVs, Audio) and White goods (Washing machines, Floorcare) categories, and with all major suppliers to deliver key campaigns in our stores and online, and as part of the B2B team you will have a crucial role in landing all activity. The role will encompass everything B2B. This is a category that has huge growth plans and is a great opportunity for applicants interested in technology and how it fits within the business world.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is passionate on developing a career within category management and buying! Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about new technology?
* Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
* Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
* Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
* Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
* Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
* Previous experience of stakeholder management
* Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.