7 months ago
Assistant Buyer (Laundry)
Job Number: 16104
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
A great opportunity to join enter into a Buying career as a buying assistant/Assistant Category manager within the Laundry Buying team.
Washing is the largest sales area within the White Goods team and is driven heavily with TV advertised promotions. We work with global brands including Samsung, Bosch, LG and Whirlpool to bring the latest technology to our customers. The category is extremely volatile and fast paced, with high household penetration and a high proportion of distress purchases it is essential we ensure we are offering the most price competitive range in stock and available everyday. As market leaders in this category we work closely with our suppliers to generate new demand bringing world class marketing campaigns to launch innovative new products and technology.
* Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
* Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
* Work with the Merchandising team to develop and deliver a comprehensive Merchandise area strategy that meets our customer needs and identifies opportunities and risks.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information and present competitor packs highlighting key issues with conclusions and recommended actions.
* Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner what stock is required to support these plans.
You will need:
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* To be organised and be able to prioritise workload to deliver tasks in a timely manner
* A pro-active approach
* An eye for detail and accuracy in your work
* Able to communicate with key stakeholders at all levels
* Proven track record of delivering first class results in teamwork
* Eager to learn and develop a varied skill set
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.