3 months ago
Assistant Buyer - Large Screen TVs (Currys PC World)
Job Number: 17815
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Want to contribute in a high performing team ? want to make a difference ?
Well, here’s a great opportunity for someone who is looking to move forward in their career in retail.
The TV category is a dynamic, fast paced environment dealing with the leading brands in the technology market and receives a high level of focus.
The Assistant Buyer plays an important role in supporting the category managers in executing the budget plan and strategy. Key qualities include a keen eye for detail and the willingness to learn. The role requires you to interpret information quickly and execute the strategy. The role will provide ownership of particular processes, projects and brands with growth opportunities available.
* Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
* Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
* Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
* Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
* Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
* Previous experience of stakeholder management
* Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.