9 months ago
Assistant Buyer - Data Storage
Job Number: 18235
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Assistant Buyer to take ownership and responsibility for their own areas and learn the skills to develop into a Category Manager. You will be responsible for the Data storage and Imaging Essentials areas which covers everything from USB sticks and SD cards to Camera cases, tripods and much more. You will be working with some of the market leading brands in this area include WD, SanDisk and Canon.
* Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
* Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
* Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
* Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
* Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
* Previous experience of stakeholder management
* Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.