9 months ago
Assistant Buyer - Accessories CPW
Job Number: 18346
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
This is a fantastic role for someone looking for their next step in their buying career within the technology industry.
The Assistant Buyer for Accessories carries responsibility for the commercial performance of the category through supporting the delivery of market leading ranging, pricing and product. The accessories Category is expanding and is now a great time to join.
You will support in growth of our attach business focusing on core categories such as Cases, Screen Protectors and memory to ensure we have the widest range of accessories available to support current and new handset launches to ensure Carphone remains a destination for accessories.
As a key member of the commercial team you will work across multiple functions – Proposition Development, Commercial Marketing, Buying, Connectivity, Finance, Retail, Online, OLS and Direct.
As well as communicating with our suppliers and distributors including Samsung and Apple to maintain our core relationships.
You will be expected to present details on the performance of your category to your line manager to ensure strong understanding of how the category targets are achieved.
• Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
• Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
• Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
• Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
• Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
• Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
• Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
• Previous experience of stakeholder management
• Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers.
What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.