6 months ago
As our Assistant Buyer you will work as part of the Office/PPE Category team sourcing products and quotations direct from suppliers. Maintain an exceptional service to both our internal and external customers by adapting your approach to sourcing product through multiple channels and communicating efficiently and effectively. Assist and help resolve queries and manage and maintain work within an agreed service level.
Assistant Buyer, Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
* Manage and review pricing from suppliers ensuring that it is competitive and maximises profitability.
* Ensure the right products arrive on time, to the correct quality at an agreed & market competitive price.
* Consistently challenge the existing supply chain as well as source new suppliers.
* Negotiate with suppliers to maximise the product ranges available to Lyreco.
* Monitor market & product changes to attain the best terms for the business.
* Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members including sales to support and enhance the non-catalogue offering and performance.
* Support the wider category team in the development and execution of annual saving plans.
* Managing our range of customer specific products in terms of sourcing, pricing and product range life cycle.
* To comply with Company Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental and other policies, procedures and standards.
* To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be requested by a Manager/Supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
* Develops excellent business relationships at all levels of contact.
* Strong analytical, negotiation and Communication skills.
* Interested in pursuing a career in procurement.
* Experience of being in a procurement team/environment.
* Good planning skills.
* Business process capability and ability to develop strategic thinking.
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
* Strong analytical skills combined with cost reduction mindset.
* Capable to work in a team environment.
* Good educational standard of both English & Maths.
* Common sense approach to problem solving.
Package of up to £23,000 (DOE) and corporate benefits package which includes Pension Scheme & Private Healthcare – based at our Telford, Head Office.
About the Company
If you thought the world of Office and Workplace Solutions was limited to paper and pens… think again!
Whatever customers need, Lyreco provide; from furniture to files, notebooks to napkins, hot drinks to highlighters or paperclips to print solutions – we can help.
Lyreco UK & Ireland