6 months ago
Area Sales Manager
Bestway Group is a huge multinational with interests in banking, cement, financial services, real estate and healthcare. Not bad for what began as a small food store in West London in the 1960s. Today, Bestway Group trades from 62 warehouses under the Bestway and Batleys names and enjoys an 18% market share in the grocery wholesale sector.
In order to support future growth and the achievement of sales, margin and commercial objectives, our Bestway Vans Direct team is looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager covering the Southall Depot.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager you will effectively manage all people commercial and operational aspects of the team, directing, training and motivating your team of Customer Sales Representatives in the achievement of sales, business development, cash profit and customer satisfaction objectives ensuring this growth area continues to regularly over perform.
Key responsibilities of this role, amongst others, will include to:-
* Ensure that by working alongside and providing strategic direction to your Customer Sales Representatives all sales and customer satisfaction targets are achieved
* Effectively lead, up skill and develop your Customer Sales Representative team to ensure individual performance related targets are met
* Ensure that processes which will effectively measure individual capability against targets are implemented and managed accordingly
* Work collaboratively with your team plus the teams across our BB Foodservice depots and Sheffield Head Office at all times to ensure open and encouraging forms of communication
* Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports submitting your findings, analysis and recommendations to the Regional Sales Manager
We are looking for an influential people leader, adept at bringing new ideas and ways of thinking to the role backed up with the ability to drive through these new ways of working. With a customer centric approach you should be passionate about putting the customer first and ensuring that exceptional levels of customer service are provided by your wider team at all times.
Ideally you should have experience gained in the convenience/retail /van sales arena. With a solid understanding of how retail works you’ll have the experience to expertly handle the growth plans associated with this area.
You will be comfortable in challenging effectively, when appropriate and be confident in driving achievement through the measurement of set and agreed targets. Working in a collaborative manner, skilful time management will also be one of your strengths, as well as your excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and develop a team with confidence.
This role offers an attractive salary and benefits package including bonus, private healthcare, company car, fuel card, death in service and a contributory pension.
For the last 40 years, we at Bestway have been passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.