We require an experienced Area Sales Manager / Technical Sales professional with a track record of business development. You will be based in the Midlands / South of England and will have a background of selling any technical / engineering product or solution. Any exposure to capital equipment / automation would be a bonus.
SALARY: Up to £40,000
BENEFITS: Company Car (Flexible policy / Eco Model) + Good holiday package including Christmas shutdown + Benefits package including company bonus + healthcare options and generous pension + Laptop / Mobile
LOCATION: Midlands / South of England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Worcester, Northampton, Kettering, Cambridge, Bury St. Edmunds, Chelmsford, Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford, St. Albans, Slough, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Reading, London, Croydon, Maidstone, Guildford, Basingstoke
AREA SALES MANAGER - WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
1) This is an expansion role in a fast growing business. This is a career opportunity as the company grows – rather than ‘just another job.’
2) We are genuinely open as to the background of the individual. As long as you have a track record of generating new business and selling a technical / engineering service or product, you will be considered for this role.
3) Our equipment / solutions are of the highest quality, and offer a genuinely new and exciting way of working for the customers. This is a product and a ‘sell’ you can get your teeth into.
This is a consultative Area Sales Manager role – acting as a ‘product champion’ of a specific, technical product line and the concept of robots / robotic automation.
Even though this is a technical product, the sales process will be a classic features / benefits type of sell. You will often be proposing a solution or more efficient working practice to a client base that includes key industries including Military, Aerospace, Robotics, Motorsport, Nuclear, Machine Tool and more recently, Offshore Wind & Renewable Energy markets.
This field based sales role will see you visiting new and existing customers across the South of England and may require occasional nights away as part of this Area Sales Management role.
This role has a strong new business focus. You will be making customer contacts from a large CRM database of clients, in addition to organically self-generated contacts, as well as following up of customer enquiries.
This vacancy has come about through company expansion and is an excellent opportunity to build a sales career in a growing sector.
REQUIREMENTS - Area Sales Manager
You MUST have:
* A proven track record of B2B sales success - explaining a concept or features and benefits product at a variety of levels.
* Some exposure to selling any technical / engineering product or technical service.
* Have an understanding and exposure to extended sales cycles (three months plus) and managing a business pipeline.
* Be bright, driven, self-motivated and very keen to learn.
Any engineering qualification or exposure to robotics OR automation equipment OR materials handling solutions OR any form of industrial capital equipment would be an advantage.
PROSPECTS - Area Sales Manager
We are a fast growing company with excellent prospects. There is a genuine potential to develop this role into a sales career and become a specialist in the specific product line. The responsibilities will also evolve over time based on the individual’s specific skills.
THE COMPANY - Area Sales Manager
We are a Distributor of high-quality precision components – acting as a representative of several leading international component manufacturers. Established for almost 50 years, the company is enjoying continued growth. Under our managing director, company turnover has doubled over the last 6 years.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and / or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Regional Sales, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales Specialist, Engineering Sales, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Executive,
Industrial, Engineering, Robotics, Automation, Components, Materials Handling, Military, Aerospace, Motorsport, Nuclear, Machine Tools, Offshore Wind, Renewable Energy
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Area Sales Manager Robotics / Automation reference SP1712-56 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.