11 months ago
Job title: Area Sales Executive – Northern Home Counties
Reporting to: Regional Sales Manager – South
Direct reports: None
Main Purpose of the role:
To grow margin and revenue within a designated geographical territory to ensure that annual sales plans are delivered. This will be achieved through selling all Hako products and service offerings. All activity to take place within an annual structured territory plan.
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
• Day-to-day responsibility for all direct customers within designated region and the servicing of end-user sites for key and strategic accounts as defined by the UK Sales Director.
• Minimum revenue responsibility of £475,000.00 (subject to annual revision)
• The role may require extensive UK travel or regular nights away from home.
• Operates within agreed territory plan under the daily supervision of a Regional Sales Manager.
• This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to senior managers and decision makers within the customer organisation.
• Decisions made in this role will have a significant impact on Hako’s professional standing within the defined customer base.
* To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times
* Delivery of agreed annual revenue and margin targets
* The setting and agreeing of annual revenue targets with the UK Sales Director
* Maximise Hako’s potential revenue by ensuring all product and service options are considered.
* Maintain a strong knowledge of all Hako products and services
* Maintain a strong knowledge of all competitor products and service offerings and all key benefits that distinguish Hako from those competitor products and services;
* To give professional on-site support to the key and strategic accounts as requested by the Sales Director;
* To develop an in-depth understanding of the designated territory and all likely current and future sales potential;
* Proactively identify and develop total solutions for currently unrecognized needs within the local customer base and market sectors;
* Stay up-to-date with all local market/competitor and industry developments and ensure that the senior management team are briefed on their likely impact;
* To operate at all times within the Company’s policies and procedures and to ensure that decision-making, both commercial and tactical, is made at the correct level;
* Ensure the full utilisation of all available sales tools and to comply with required reporting policies and procedures at all times;
* Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs;
* Offer leadership in developing customer focus for other non-customer facing colleagues.
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Training
· Good Maths and English skills (min ‘O’ level or equivalent)
· educated to minimum of ‘A’ level or equivalent;
Skills & Experience
· At least 2 years’ selling experience, probably in an FMCG or manufacturing sector;
· Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes
· Good working knowledge of CRM system
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
(To include core competencies)
· Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
· Drive – fully focused on delivering, unwilling to accept missing “the numbers”;
· Personal impact – perceived as an energetic individual who will deliver, by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
· Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles. Is willing to take risks.
·Has the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation;
· Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.