Area Sales Surveyor, Modular Buildings, South East, £40,000 Basic, £50,000 OTE (uncapped and realistic in year one). Terrific sales role for a semi-technical closer that enjoys developing relationships and managing pipeline. This is a sales surveying role for a modular buildings manufacturer that is supported by a dedicated telesales team and a very forward-thinking marketing strategy. As a consequence, all appointments are made for you (typically over ten per week) and leads have gone through a substantial qualification process.
Your role is to them progress this enquiry to fully understand the client's needs, propose solutions, undertake a basic site survey and measurements, liaise with the estimating team to provide a quotation and ultimately 'handhold' the client through their buying process to an order. The role also involves following the pipeline and liaising with the installation team throughout the project remaining the 'face of the company' should there be any installation issues.
With over 30 years' experience in the field, the company are recognised as a market leader and work to structured processes and methodologies that work.
Selling primarily into the education sector (nurseries, First, Middle and Junior Schools) and councils together with some hospitality, such as pubs and hotels the role is managing a pipeline of small and large potential. Sales range from £10K to £250K, with an average order value around £35K.
This business to business sales role is ideal for a proven sales professional that has sold something vaguely technical as the role involves measuring up, scoping the project hand-in-hand with the client and doing basic drawings so that the project can be quoted correctly.
You will be used to managing a large area and effectively planning to a two-week plan to ensure your time is maximised. You will commonly attend over ten qualified meetings per week.
So, what's needed?
* A proven sales surveyor with some basic knowledge of drawings, or willingness to learn basic drawing techniques (basic CAD training will be offered with the role so that you can effectively measure to ensure a project is quoted and scoped effectively)
* Someone that wants to learn and is willing to change their sales habits to ensure they are as successful as possible.
* A great communicator that can quickly build credible relationships with senior level customers - 70% of the business is dealing with Headteachers and the Head of Parent Associations or the Chair of Governors.
* A proven field sales professional that enjoys working to KPI's and proven systems and methodologies to maximise sales
* A self-motivated and driven individual with a positive outlook that is always looking to learn new skills.
* An ability to effectively plan a patch so that your 'face time' with clients is maximised
* Good understanding of basic software. A CRM system is used very thoroughly and effectively within this business.
* An individual that is professional, well rounded, well presented with a reasonably clean driving license
As the role is largely selling into the education sector you will also be expected to attend Child Safeguarding training and a Basic DBS Check will be taken at the second interview stage.