3 months ago
Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Analytics and Media Manager (AMM) to help scale our growing advertising business. The AMM is a key member of the Customer Success Team at Amazon Advertising, working with sales, product, retail and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve advertisers’ performance on Amazon, in support of their marketing initiatives. AMMs work with Amazon's unique data and translate it into high-quality and actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities. Day to day, AMM activities include analyzing metrics of success for a business or category, developing data-driven insights and recommendations for C-suite client leadership, and communicating recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of an AMM is critical to delivering the best return on investment for our customers.
· Leverage Amazon’s data and your understanding of our advertising customers’ business to provide guidance to C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client sessions to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand’s strategy
· Influence marketing initiatives and own account-level data and/or analytics related strategic conversations internally and externally
· Deliver regular and bespoke analyses and insights for some of the world’s largest advertisers to drive growth across advertiser KPIs and help them grow their businesses
· Exhibit deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers
· Educate other teams on Amazon media offerings and keep them engaged by delivering learning sessions, writing training documentation and whitepapers for internal and external use
· Demonstrate behavior that exemplifies the Amazon Leadership Principles
· Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years’ experience in client-facing data analysis roles
· Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser
· Data driven storytelling skills – you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
· Understanding of statistics including distributions, expectations, hypothesis testing, etc.
· Fluency with SQL - ability to write basic queries from scratch and modify complex queries
· Fluency with an advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
· Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.)
· Understanding of marketers’ challenges through relevant job experience
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Ability to work cross-functionally and with others with diverse skill sets
· MBA, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising, or Business
· Digital media planning experience
· Experience in predictive analytics, experimental design, A/B testing
· Publication track record/writing experience (ex. published a paper in a technical journal or trade publication)