5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Here at O2 we’re developing our long term Data, Analytics and AI strategy, integrated with our wider business transformation. We’re focusing on delivering our objective of having “Data at the Core”, enabling our evolution through advanced data and analytics. We’re expanding our capability in exciting ways, and we have a number of high profile opportunities for people who are passionate about data and data science to join us, and help us on our journey to developing advanced and transformational analytics.
About the team
We are transforming our business by putting data driven insight at the heart of everything we do.
The Analytics team in our Data, Insights & Analytics function, works with the wealth of data we have to create new capabilities, measure business performance and generate insight so that the business can make faster and better decisions working in collaboration with other areas of the business both in Consumer and SMB/Enterprise space.
We have c.20m customers and a wealth of structured and unstructured data including (but not limited to):
• Transactions and billing,
• Detailed customer call records (millions per day)
• Usage of our loyalty programme (million per month)
• Geographical data (millions of points per day)
• Profitability of each customer
• Network usage
You will have the opportunity of joining a growing team working on some challenging and fascinating problems in a data rich environment.
About the role
The Analyst is required to have experience in some elements of the analysis and insight generation lifecycle, working with stakeholders to understand their business challenges to ensure the hypothesis and analytics we produce is truly actionable and drives value. In particular this role will focus on bringing what we know about the customer to the business via self-serve.
Enthusiastic and energised about data, working as part of a team you will extract particularly powerful empirical insights from internal and external data, creating robust metrics using a variety of tools and techniques (e.g. SQL & SAS) and presenting results via strong visualisations to hundreds of users (in tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau). This could include scenario planning tools to help the business make faster and better decisions. Integrating with our Group’s capabilities where appropriate i.e. 4th Platform.
You will need some experience in joining the right data together in such a way that with a dashboard built over the top, business questions can be answered. You will work closely with senior analysts in the team and stakeholders across the business to ensure their needs are met.
* Build a deep understanding of the business issues to be solved and frame the ‘right’ questions to be addressed.
* Be able to work on own initiative to identify appropriate analytical solution(s) to a range of business challenges, with support from senior members of the team as required
* Some experience in turning data into visualizations that are easy to navigate and provide the right level of detail for different roles in the business
* Have good interpersonal skills to build effective business relationships
* Present clear recommendations and action plans and measure outcomes.
* Work closely with IT and our Accelerate O2 transformation programme to leverage requirements for data, access and toolsets
* Passionate about data and analytics and the value that can be created through information exploitation
* Numerate and technically strong, using some or all of SQL / SAS / and willing to learn others. Some experience of Visualization methods / tools is desirable e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy
* Good presentation skills and an ability to talk to people at all levels of the business and make the complex, simple
* Ability to work simultaneously across a number of projects, managing your own time and projects to deliver results
Resourcing Business Partner: Ellen Stone
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.