6 months ago
* Experience managing and analysing large data sets and complex spreadsheets.
* Project management experience and a track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams.
* Experience in SQL and data visualisation tools.
* Experience in a similar role.
* Demonstrable leadership experience in a diverse team environment with proven networking and influencing experience.
* Knowledge of the advertising agency landscape and curiosity about the digital advertising world.
* Ability to take ownership of projects/initiatives; comfortable working proactively and independently.
* Organized individual, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task as well as work well under pressure and meet objectives.
* Developed written/oral communication skills with the ability to present at all levels.
About the job
Being an Analyst at Google is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As one of the masterminds behind our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend your time digging into big, complex data sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our most senior business leaders within the organization, and potentially some of our biggest clients.
The UK Agency Insights and Strategy team drives Google’s business growth with our most sophisticated agency partners, by creating the strategies and conditions necessary for successful partnership and mutual growth. This is a strategic, analytical and creative team. Equipped with knowledge of Google’s business, marketing trends and the agency landscape, the team leverages both internal and external resources to identify, share, and deliver opportunities that drive business impact.
You will also be a key contributor to relevant client-facing strategic projects in partnership with Industry Managers and Industry Heads. You will be a critical thought leader in how the business thinks about the role of the Agency channel, ensuring the right data and tools are at the forefront of Google’s business priorities.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
* Derive insights by investigating, sourcing, testing and manipulating internal data supplemented by industry and third-party research.
* Develop narratives/presentations with data-driven business recommendations that align with Agency and client objectives.
* Utilise a wide variety of data visualisation tools and methodologies to bring insights to life.
* Lead strategic projects that add value to our customers and Google.
* Influence upstream to ensure agency parity with vertical-first tools, systems and data.