7 months ago
Agency Account Director (70227)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom
Salary : Competitive
: Mar 11, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Agency Account Director
Phonebook - Advertising and Media
Why this role matters
This is a core role within the NEW advertising and media division sitting within Phonebook. You will be key to achieving revenue targets in the advertsing and media business and offers the right person an opportunity to make a big, positive impact quickly.
You’ll own every aspect of the classified agency relationship, from C-suite down and you’ll be forging the best partnerships with those agencies in order to provide a profitable and sustainable return to the new Phonebook team. In addition, you’ll work alongside the wider media and advertising business – in particular programmatic and partnerships – to help build out the exciting new Phonebook strategy.
You’ll be required to come armed with your own classified agency contacts and work to maintain and progress key strategic accounts, keeping those senior agency contacts abreast of key developments, innovations, relevant insights and major trends across the BT platforms (BT Phonebook, BT.com, BT Sport.com, BT Sport App, BT Wifi, EE). Delivering digital thought leadership within agencies to influence and drive incremental spend. We want driven and motivated sales people to help us build out BT's agency advertising strategy.
What you’ll be doing
* Building a sales strategy and a pipeline of sales opportunities to grow client base and market share through strategic reseller programmes
* Acting as a brand ambassador for BT Phone Book both in the external market and with internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour
* Develop and maintain relationships with key internal partners and external agencies
* Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points
* Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the printed & digital directory & advertising market, keeping an up to date knowledge of industry trends or technical developments that may impact on the Phone Book offering
* Talk directly with advertising agencies to position BT as a advertising business with proven print and digital credibility
* Develop account plans for each of BT’s key classified agency partners to overachieve against annual/quarterly revenue targets
* Identify and proactively partner with ad agencies to drive advertising spend – via IO, programmatic and creative solution spend:
- Ability to understand our complex range of products and actively sell our services
- Come armed with, but continue to build strong relationships with relevant agency teams
- Communicate the BT audience/customer offering effectively in market and evangelise this proactively externally
- Look to spot opportunities for BT in market outside of programmatic and creative solutions and work with relevant teams to help grow this revenue
* Work to create new business partnerships with agencies and nurture those relationships
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
You will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to lead scalable partnerships with classified agencies.
Strong analytical skills and presentation experience and a strong understanding of the classified market, building data-driven solutions and audience targeting is a must.
You’ll likely be working within a leading classified sales team in a mid-senior role and hold relevant agency contacts
* Extensive list of current senior classified ad agency contacts is a must
* Significant experience in developing partnerships with classified agencies
* Demonstrable experience of managing and driving significant growth from key agencies
* Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and sense of urgency
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with a cross-departmental team
* Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills
* Degree qualification or relevant job experience
Want to be a part of our growing Phonebook team with a renewed purpose and strategy? Apply via our recruitment portal today to be considered