5 months ago
About the Role
Here at Matalan we make sure our employees and customers are at the heart of everything we do. As an Administration Supervisor in our 330,000 sq ft Corby DC, you will play a key part in making this happen. Reporting to the Site Manager, you’ll work collaboratively with colleagues, departments, suppliers and external customers to ensure the Corby DC (CDC) Administration team provide a full and efficient administrative support to the Distribution Centre operation.
You’ll be responsible for:
* Acting as a figure head for the DC, leading and motivating a small team of Administration Clerks to provide a first class service.
Leading, developing and instiling the Company values in order to maximise behaviour, performance and standards.
Leading and co-ordinating the Site Training team, ensuring accurate records are kept, managing training schedules, updates, rotas and cover requirements.
* Leading and co-ordinating the MHE training dept, ensuring accurate records are kept, managing training schedules, updates, rotas and cover requirements.
* Responsibility for Facilities team on site, managing cover, work requirements and communications. Liaising with Head Office facilities dept to manage requirements.
* Acting as point of contact to distribute any communication briefs, updating colleague notice boards.
* Submitting timely reports and prepares presentations/ proposals for the CDC Management team.
* Assisting in the setting up, development and maintaining of efficient office / filing systems and ways of working.
* Managing company correspondence including phone enquires directing them to the relevant function.
* Providing support and administrative assistance to other members of the Administration team, when required
Our Admin Supervisor will know exactly how to keep the team motivated, focused and performing to the very highest standards. Leading, motivating and developing the team, you’ll ensure all accurate records are kept, and make sure your team understands how important their role is to providing a first class service to the distribution centre operation and external customers.
With knowledge of industry related systems and experience of leading a small team, you’ll be confident, flexible and be a role model to others.
* Previous supervisory experience
* Strong PC skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong influencing skills
* Ability to work to time pressured deadlines
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good planning and organisation skills
Self-motivated, a can-do attitude and a good team player
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer.
Your place in our world