9 months ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our close-knit department, leading a small team of two, whilst working closely with the Head of Finance. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity based on the outskirts of Redhill, Surrey.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable professional who is looking for that next step in their career. Alternatively, this role would suit someone who has previous experience managing a team and would like to join a successful and growing SME organisation.
The AP/AR Manager is responsible for the effective management of our Accounts Payable function. You will lead a team to ensure invoices are processed and reconciled on a timely basis with robust financial controls around payment of supplier invoices. You will drive continuous process improvement and resolve any external/internal queries that occur.
Building strong relationships with clients / carers /suppliers is essential, as well as providing necessary support to the management accountant on month end reporting.
You will be expected to drive an improvement agenda to streamline existing core processes, lead on client communication, and tighten procedures and controls as well as developing ‘best in class’ credit control. You will have the opportunity to business partner and help drive the right financial and commercial behaviour through the organisation.
* Oversee the day to day management of the Accounts Payable team
* Providing management, training and development of 2 direct reports (setting performance standards and objectives)
* Ensure prompt payment to suppliers (AP function)
* Review and sign off the weekly payment runs ensuring there are robust financial controls on payment of invoices
* Ensure invoice timing is up to date and payments are collected and booked on time
* Review and sign off carer expenses’ payments
* Report on debtors and take a proactive approach to credit control
* Bank reconciliation and cash controls
* Prepare intercompany journals and other month end related tasks
* Lead continuous improvement agenda; identify process weaknesses and implement solutions, maintaining strict internal controls
* Provide cover for any AP team member who is on leave
* Production of weekly and monthly reporting - Key KPIs on AR and AP
* Provide cover for Weekly reporting to the Management Accountant
* Ensure company policies and procedures are being followed and challenge when not
* Become knowledgeable on internal systems to understand and improve processes
* Provide project support for the development of systems
* Prepare the VAT return in line with UK legislation
* Assist in year-end close and audits
* Ad hoc work required by Head of Finance
The Ideal Candidate
The role of Accounts Payable Manager is a pivotal role in the business, therefore the successful candidate will be a resilient and hardworking individual, who is a skilled and confident communicator with a customer ‘comes first’ attitude.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven track record of leading an accounts payable function
* Excellent experience of AP processes with demonstrable experience of process improvement
* Ability to successfully manage competing priorities simultaneously and handle multiple demands
* Strong excel skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
* Strong team player, ability to motive and mentor
* Establish excellent working relationships with external suppliers/clients and carers
* Staff plan/Dream experience desirable
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.