4 months ago
Accounting and Finance Control Manager, Financial Transformation (114541)
: Accounting and financial control
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol
Salary : Competitive
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This role ensures the financial and operational integrity of the business by assessing the impact of change initiatives on Consumer Finance
What you'll be doing
• Perform and Document Initial Impact Assessments on new Change Initiatives, engaging with Project Delivery team to ensure the initiative objective is fully understood. Finalising the assessment in conjunction with Operational Finance teams to confirm which teams are impacted by the change initiative
• Work with Operational Finance teams and Project Delivery teams to ensure that Finance risk and requirements are addressed to an acceptable conclusion
• Provide on¬going engagement with clear updates to various stakeholders within Finance. Prepare and present periodic reporting and updates, both formal and informal, on change initiatives progress and status
• Ensure that change initiatives follow the Consumer Project Governance, and where necessary lead Finance projects to conclusion within the Governance framework
• Accountable for stewarding, leading and partnering with the business, ensuring all business activities are carried out in accordance with local legislative requirements, which enhance and protect BT for now and the future.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Ability to use knowledge and experience of finance, within and external to Consumer Finance operations, to identify risk and manage the prioritisation of key activities and change initiatives
• Building effective working relationships with multiple business areas, quickly establishing credibility.
• Dealing with difficult scenarios and adapting communication style to deal with a large range of stakeholders including the ability to negotiate with and influence peers and Management.
• Understanding complex processes involving multiple IT systems and interfaces with cross-functional responsibilities.
• Communication skills - Ensure effective communication at all times, escalating and presenting key issues and updates to finance and non-finance stakeholders to ensure awareness and effective resolution of risks and problems. Ability to tailor message to the relevant audience, distilling key messages without losing the appropriate level of detail
• Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a complex, fast paced matrixed business environment.
• Bias towards bold and confident thinking, challenging the status quo where appropriate
• Patience and experience of navigating large, complex organisational structures
• Able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement and determine pragmatic solutions
• Experience and knowledge of project and change methodologies – ability to work as part of a project team, lead a project and act as a Finance representative on behalf of Consumer Finance Controlling
• Experience of reviewing and implementing business processes involving multiple IT systems and interfaces with cross-functional responsibilities
• Excellent Communication and influencing skills, including experience of senior stakeholder management – working with Senior Management, ensuring understanding of financial and operational consequences of change initiatives.