6 months ago
Competitive financial package plus benefits
Account Manager x3
A truly exciting opportunity based in Cheltenham.
You will be part of a successful, highly driven and professional learning organisation. Based on site within one of QA’s largest managed learning services customers, you will perform a high quality business development role where you will maintain and develop relationships by building on the existing relationships and by exposing new business opportunities. You will be focused on a key customer for QA and in addition to supporting with their learning requirements you will also have a strong emphasis on relationship building, customer service and revenue generation.
• Creating sustainable business relationships
• Identifying business opportunities and provide accurate forecasting of sales pipeline
• Preparing high quality quotes and proposals for customers
• Proactive follow up on new business opportunities with client’s with a consultative and informative approach
• Effective Customer service management
• Maintaining all relevant management information systems
• Prospecting for new customers and stakeholders
• Proactively seeks ways to engage with clients such as informal catch ups, polling interest on new products, attending exhibitions and seminars
• Proactively promotes the QA service and products within the client using forums such as in-house social media tools
• Support Marketing activity as required such as attendance at exhibitions, manning stands, creating product information handouts.
• Offer guidance to the QA Account management team on dealing with customer queries, where required.
• Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of requirements, communication and coordinating with other departments to resolve enquiries.
• Maintains excellent knowledge of QA learning products and provides professional advice on suitable training courses to meet delegate requirements.
• Supports Learning Consultants with attending client meetings, preparing quotes and advising clients on larger scale projects.
• Proactively seek opportunity to advise customers in a face to face environment and maintaining excellent relationships.
• Providing support to the Customer Engagement Manager
• Research, Liaise and negotiate with key third party providers
Skills & Abilities
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• An entrepreneurial spirit and determination
• Confidence and a strong sense of direction
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• The ability to operate well and contribute to a strong team environment
• Strong understanding of sales processes
• Methodical and accurate with a proven ability to focus on detail
• Highly Self-motivated with initiative and drive.
• Proven organisational & planning skills.
• Clear and effective communication and negotiation skills are a must.
• Uses initiative in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments.
• Determines when problems should be escalated to a senior member of the team
• Able to act promptly to make relevant parties aware of issues
• Displays a flare for seeking out new opportunities to improve the service and increase revenues/margins
Learning is not just a service we provide, it’s a way of life at QA, and we try to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of our huge and varied range of learning and development options, so everyone is eligible for 3 Training Days every year, to focus on subjects they’re interested in.
We also know that many people like to “give back” and so we offer 2 paid Charity Days each year to support your chosen charity in whatever way you choose. And if you get involved in charity fundraising, QA will also double any sponsorship money raised, up to £250. This is over and above the charitable activities that we encourage through our annual QA fundraising drives – you can get involved with this as much or as little as you like. We see it as a great way to foster team building too.
We all need to take time out to recharge our batteries from time to time and enjoy some down time, so we provide a fairly generous 25 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after 5 years) – with the option to buy more if you wish.
It’s important, too, to plan for the future and ensure we are able to maintain the lifestyle we have worked so hard to achieve, once we retire from the hurly burly and slow down to enjoy our later years, so we offer a defined contribution pension plan and will match your contributions up to a maximum of 5% of your basic salary.
Then there are two of our core benefit offerings, not the most exciting, but we consider it important to ensure everyone has the peace of mind provided by Life Assurance (4x your basic salary) and Permanent Health Insurance (after a qualifying period) in the event that ill health, or worse, disrupts our plans.
And finally, a few fringe benefits to assist with travel and lifestyle choices:
• Season ticket loan
• Discounted gym membership
• Cycle to work scheme
An attracticve salary and bonus is on offer for this very exciting role
QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK, developing skills and capabilities for everyone from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London, but with a nationwide network of state-of-the-art training centres, QA Group is comprised of four fast-growing divisions- QA Learning, QA Apprenticeships, QA Consulting and QA Higher Education- all of which deliver innovative and cutting edge skills solutions to UK organisations.
At QA, we are proud to help people and businesses transform their performance through learning; we offer a complete range of business and IT training. With training centres throughout the UK, QA delivers an exceptionally broad training curriculum to meet the needs of individuals and corporate businesses. Our award-winning teams of learning professionals are amongst the best in the world, each with extensive experience and a proven track record of delivering the skills that transform performance and ensure lasting benefits.
How to apply
When you’ve found the role you want, click the ‘Apply’ button to open the application form. We’ll ask you to upload your CV, and to enter some personal information and provide additional supporting information depending on the role. Remember, this is your time to shine, so please ensure that anything you would like us to be aware of is included in your application. Once you’ve applied, you will be sent a password to your own private account area where you’re able to keep track of the current status of your application(s), as well as read all of the previous email communications, and action requests that have been sent to you.
Once we’ve reviewed your application, a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with an update on your application. If your application is being progressed, a telephone interview will be scheduled with the Talent Acquisition team to discuss the opportunity, your skills and experience – this is also a great time for you to ask any questions that are important to you. The next stage of the process will then vary depending on the role, division or level you’re applying for, however this may involve 2-3 stages, including technical, HR or competency questions, or might ask you to complete an online work-style assessment as part of your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will explain exactly what the interview and assessment process will be.
If you’re successful and an offer is made to you, we will make the verbal offer and work with you to agree a provisional start date. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will keep in touch with you, and answer any questions you have. They’ll also support you with any steps involved to confirm your offer. The formal offer paperwork will be sent to you by our People Team, along with any requests for any additional information required.
We take professional and/or educational reference checks on all of our employees so you will be asked to provide this information when returning your contract. For these checks, we do allow people to start with us whilst the checks are in process, however please do note that employment with QA is based on satisfactory references.
For some roles within the business, we also carry out additional checks such as DBS or DV Clearance, depending on the role or division you will be working in (it will be made clear at the beginning of the recruitment process if additional checks will be part of the offer for the role you’re applying for) – for some of these additional checks, it is important that these are completed prior to you joining QA.
Welcome to QA! Prior to joining you should have all the information you need to get started on day one and are likely to have a 'Buddy' assigned to you who will help and guide you during your first few weeks here. Your line manager will develop a personal induction plan for you, as well as ensuring that you also go through the company induction so you have a full understanding not just of your role but also of QA as a whole.