Account Manager (Professional Registration)
Circa £40,000 to £42,000 per annum (plus £6k car allowance)
The IET is seeking a motivated and determined senior Account Manager to join the Professional Registration team. This role is known internally as the ‘Professional Registration Account Manager’.
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
You will be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience and your confidence and excellent communication skills will enable you to manage stakeholders at all levels. You will draw on your experience to employ account management strategies to maximise opportunities for professional registration – full training will be provided on our professional registration processes and The IET’s membership offering.
The successful candidate will be an effective people manager with ability to lead and motivate and work to successfully achieve against KPI’s. You will be an experienced account manager, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence and negotiate to close sales and agreements. Experience delivering events or workshops would be highly advantageous and the successful candidate will be comfortable undertaking travel as part of the role.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Deliver against an agreed registration application KPI.
· Work with the approved apprentice schemes ensuring conversions to technician registration.
· Line management of the Professional Registration Account Team.
· Manage the process by which the reporting is undertaken for the Professional Registration Pipeline and forecasting against relevant KPI’s.
· Work closely with the Registration and Standards Department to ensure that up to date, relevant information and advice is given to potential registrants.
· Manage Company Based Registration Schemes and ensure that they are fit for purpose.
· Attend and present at the monthly registration pipeline meeting providing up to date information on YTD performance and projected performance over the remainder of the year.
· Monitor, measure and report on professional registration activities and provide relevant management information.
· Work in collaboration with the team and other stakeholders to ensure a joined-up approach for all partners and customers.
· Liaise with various departments across the IET to ensure a joined-up approach to candidates and partners.
· Deliver content and facilitation of professional registration workshops ensuring consistency in the delivery of professional registration advice.
· Be a communication channel in handling delicate feedback as required.
· Educated to degree level or an equivalent level of competence.
· Proven track record of sales and/or business development experience.
· Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Confident in dealing with people at all levels.
· Experience in coordinating high profile networking events.
· Excellent team management, team-working and coordination skills.
· Strong negotiating sales and agreements experience.
· Proven track record of account management and change implementation.
· Target driven.
· Strongly proactive in approach and ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
· Flexible and adaptable as traveling out of office hours is a requirement of the role.
· Fully IT literate.
· Membership organisation experience
· Experience of working with both academia and industry.
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.