Job Title: Account Manager (Harrogate Conference Centre)
Salary: £31,401 - £34,106 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 17th April 2019
The Council has been hosting events on the site of Harrogate's Convention Centre since 1835, helping event organisers and their audiences to connect, engage, grow and play.
They now welcome around 300,000 visitors and contribute an estimated economic impact of GBP 57m to Harrogate's economy each year.
As they plan the next stage of their development they are looking for a target driven sales professional with a successful track record of account management and winning new business in the events industry.
- To build strong working relationships and knowledge base with key clients and to have a wider knowledge of the full Convention Centre client base
- To ensure, alongside the Convention Centre Marketing Manager, clients and event buyer prospects are updated with regard to Convention Centre news
- Meet and strive to exceed weekly and monthly sourcing telephone calls, face to face meetings and show round KPI's and record on the BDM/AM KPI Activity Report on SharePoint
- To undertake effective negotiation to set the best possible venue space pricing rate, applying the Convention Centre pricing policy, event intelligence, cost calculator and event P&L techniques for rate setting
- To oversee the contract and invoice process for event clients and to take personal responsibility for their accuracy and completion
- To research and report market trends and sales trends and identify market sectors that exist and can be developed
- To have extensive knowledge of the venue and destination to sell venue space and up sell venue services
- At least three years' work experience in a sales role
- Proven track record of achieving business sales targets
- Experience of sales in a venue, hotel or similar environment
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Working with CMS software
- Understanding of the UK Exhibitions and/or Conferences industry desirable
- Winning mentality, self-starter and target driven
- Excellent relationship builder
- Capacity for innovative and creative thinking
- Collaborative team worker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be redirected to the council's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Council Account Manager, Account Executive, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Client Support, Account Consultant, Product Specialist, Experienced Account Manager, Venue Sales, Venue Sales Executive, Venue Sales Coordinator, Sales Executive, Sales, Direct Sales, Marketing Account Manager, Key Sales, Business Plan, Sales Development, Client Sales, Client Relationship, Account Executive, B2B Sales also be considered for this role.