5 months ago
Account Manager - Retail UK
Account Manager - Retail UK
London, England, United Kingdom · Sales
Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to drive the growth of our Retail/Wholesale business in the UK. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly proactive, shares our ethos, and is able to hit the ground running. You must have experience having worked in an Account Management position for Retail/Wholesale within the Design/Lighting sector before or something similar.
* Generating sales: Working with the team to finesse and execute on the business plan for the region
* Relationship management: Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our partners to ensure ongoing success of team goals. Organising product trainings, attending events and monitoring sales representatives in the region.
* Process improvement: Continually evaluate lead generation and sales approach to increase effectiveness of the team
* Reporting: Provide regular team reports to management and be able to speak clearly and concisely to sales trends and focus areas based on data
* Goal setting: Partner with leadership to align territory goals and metrics.
* Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
* Working closely and collaboratively with other teams to communicate sales information
* Working as a brand ambassador for Tala across the USA
* Growing and managing a team: You will be integral to talent acquisition, training and retention.
* Strong sales experience, preferably in the design or lighting sector.
* Self-motivated & passionate with ability to work effectively in a high intensity & collaborative sales environment.
* Enjoy travelling and seeking out new opportunities.
* Strong relationship management skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts.
* Proven track record to meet or exceed, team and individual, targets and goals
* Positive and energetic presentation skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
* Experience managing and developing teams
* Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools and CRM applications
* Proven ability to build and develop a network of clients and experience projecting sales numbers
* Valid driver’s license required
* Salary dependent on experience + commission
* Pension scheme
* Several team social events including at least 1 tree planting day, Summer and Christmas parties, weekly meditation session and Friday drinks.
* Office snacks and the occasional office dog!
* Amazing office environment! We have worked very hard to transform our studio into a space that fosters creativity and wellbeing.