Account Manager (Food Service / Hotels)
With its unique business model of selling premium quality coffee along with weekly changing non-food ranges through its own distributions channels, our client and its 12,500 employees worldwide generated revenues of 3.4 billion EUR in 2015.
Founded in 1972, our client today is one of the leading food and coffee service companies in Europe with branches in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Czech Republic and Poland. Our client provides tailored out-of-home solutions for a wide range of customers from hotel chains to independent cafés or educational facilities.
With its family of brands (Davidoff Café, Piacetto Espresso, VISTA and Smokin' Bean) the company has built its first-rate reputation based on superior quality products, truly unbeatable service and fair prices. The unique and diverse brand and product portfolio is supported by a cutting-edge equipment and the latest training resources.
Position: National Account Manager - Hotels
Location: National - covering UK
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: £40,000 to £42,000 per annum + bonus + company car.
Benefits: include an enhanced contributory pension scheme, free Parking space, eye care vouchers, child care vouchers, life assurance, annual holiday starting at 24 days entitlement which grows with your length of service plus public holidays.
About the role:
The National Account Manager involves the total management, development & retention of existing independent accounts with the HRL sector on a national basis, whilst actively looking at new business acquisition in line with sector & company profile.
- Secure new business (new & repeat) as defined within your sector. These are to be in line with pre-agreed objectives both for levels of sales and gross margin agreed with the Channel Manager
- Recommend and implement ways of developing existing business and therefore maximise sales of all product groups by range extension through promotional activity, marketing & training
- Negotiate with decision-makers and other influencers within existing accounts to achieve agreed TCI targets in terms of CR, NSV & product nomination
- Formulate a medium & long term sales plan for the independent hotel base, aimed at exceeding sales & profit targets and to regularly monitor progress against plan
- Communicate & work in conjunction with all key department heads as well as Internal Sales & Field Sales Teams in order to co-ordinate bespoke activity within each account as necessary for the development of your base. Attend as directed the Sales Meetings to update on successes, activities, and opportunities within sector
- Report on planned activity on a medium and short-term basis to Channel Manager and to review monthly the development of accounts against the sales plan
- Minimum 3-4 years sector experience
- Proven track record of achieving excellent new business results
- Experience in the HORECA industry
- Network of contacts within the relevant sector
- Coffee background
- High level of network gained in Hotel, Restaurant and Leisure Sector
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- High standards of personal administration and Time management
- Full market awareness of trends and activities within your sector
- Competent in all Microsoft Office packages specifically outlook, excel, word and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge (as per company benchmarks) of Company core products, Coffee's, Teas & Juices
- Understand and operate all types of our clients equipment
- Understand Company documentation and reporting specific to the role of National Account Manager
You may have experience of the following: National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Account Executive, Client Relationship Management, Relationship Management, Customer Service, New Business Development, Field Sales, Food Service, Food Retail, etc.