11 months ago
Account Manager - Coupons
Sales and Sales Operations
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: R16801
To account and content manage and grow the EMEA affiliate partners within the UK market while assisting Senior Sales Managers with the growth of our Top Merchant accounts. You will be involved in strategising with a focus on delivering effective campaigns working within our Coupons team, the main purpose of this role is to manage merchants in the retail space while ensuring top quality content is promoted at all times. You will provide focus on client services and deliver the very best service to accounts, updating content, liaising with merchant managers and network managers on a daily basis. You will recruit new affiliates, negotiate bespoke commercial deals and liaise with product teams in order to determine key promotions to pass on to affiliate.
* Maintaining direct relationships with the top affiliates across European Markets.
* Communicating with assigned affiliates regularly via phone, Skype or email to retain the relationship, maintain performance and create opportunities for growth
* Establish strong connections within the online marketing and affiliate industry.
* Updating content for key merchants, creating new offers, updating merchant requests, general day to day management of Merchants
* Analysing and reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual account performance of the channel and affiliates.
* Ensure that the affiliate programme’s terms and conditions are adhered to
* Identifying and recruiting new affiliates to the programme
* Evaluating opportunities and setting the commission structure to achieve efficient ROI
* Creating a plan to grow the affiliate long-tail
* Identifying "lapsed" affiliates within assigned groups or regions and take appropriate steps to reactivate them.
* Ensuring BAU affiliate processes are in place (e.g. validations, transaction queries, tracking issues, fraud and Risk procedures)
* Travel to industry events when required
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Building new client relationships and maintaining them.
* Building new partner relationships and maintaining them.
* Understand a client’s needs and work with the expert teams to develop a tailored solution.
* Work closely with senior sales managers and account management teams to ensure the continued success of our relationships with merchants while building new relationships.
* Ensure top quality content is visible on site at all times.
The Ideal Candidate will:
* Have an excellent standard of English, both written and spoken - as well as an additional language either in French, German or Italian.
* Have experience within the affiliate marketing industry (preferably over 12 months)
* Have extensive experience handling accounts and coordinating digital campaigns
* Have experience in online media negotiations
* Have an understanding of SEO and PPC
* Have an understanding of digital domains and their business/revenue models
* Be able to spot new opportunities in the online media space and know how online media can help businesses achieve their goals
* Be familiar with affiliate platform tracking
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.