3 months ago
The account manager will be responsible for selling across digital creative, display print, events and bespoke solutions across our AV portfolio. The candidate will be required to work across our AV brands, Installation, AV Tech and the ISE Daily as well as the Install Awards. The account manager will be responsible for delivering new revenue and increasing revenue from existing clients from a wide variety of businesses. This role offers the opportunity to develop your sales skills and become a leader within the respective markets, guiding clients to their desired goals, this role also has plenty of scope for progression in-line with your personal development.
Job Summary & Purpose
The role is focused around – customers, products and market
* The account manager is expected to deal with a large volume of clients ranging from low-mid tier clients. The role will be a mix of current clients as well as a new business element. You will be required to learn core competencies over the phone and face to face with senior members from the industry.
* You will gain a good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms – print, online, mobile, video, digital libraries and events plus consistently be selling across them all.
* Over time to have a decent understanding of the market you work in and the constantly evolving media landscape. Always striving to gain more knowledge internally and externally in order to improve your overall sales ability. It is essential to regularly read the magazines and websites that you are working on as well as competitor titles and sites that are found in that space.
Key role responsibilities
* Through calls, email communication & meetings to comprehensively cover your client base and establish long lasting relationships
* Think on your feet and to offer negotiation variables other than price wherever possible
* Gain a high level of confidence within the platform you are selling into enabling you to sell at rate card, and not reduce rate too easily.
* To ensure each call/email/meeting is well planned, with a primary and secondary objective
* To plan administrative duties into a busy day.
* Every order should be backed up with a signed order form and you should have an easy to use system that allows others in the team to easily find previous order forms when you are away
* Effective credit controlling of all revenue
* A good understanding of the history, mission statement and company structure at Future
* A knowledge of key individuals such as Editors, content producers and Directors at Future
* A basic knowledge of all platforms that Future can offer a potential client
* Where client appropriate, to be actively out in the market
* To gain exposure to other presentation styles by accompanying other members of the team on visits to continuously develop your presentation skills.
Essential skills and experience
* A positive and enthusiastic approach to your work
* Determination to convert every conversation into a booking
* A willingness to learn and take on new ideas
* An ability to take constructive criticism and to apply necessary changes
* Self-motivation and disciplined work ethic
* Team playing qualities whilst remaining competitive in a shared goal
* Excellent personal standards including time keeping and appearance.