5 months ago
This company is a global leader in the creative promotional merchandise arena and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world. Their reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction is second to none and their impressive client list includes many global blue chip brands.
Based in Caterham, Surrey, their UK offices benefit from good public transport links as well as on-site parking.
The Account Manager plays a crucial role in the ongoing development and success of this exciting business therefore candidates should demonstrate excellent rapport building skills and the ability to consistently hit sales targets and outstanding communication with customers.
The successful applicant will be dealing with a wide range of interesting and fun merchandise every day, and will be encouraged to put forward new product ideas to generate further interest from customers and prospects as part of the account management and in-house design teams.
The Account Manager will manage a core supplier base in Europe and the Far East whilst bringing on new supply routes. The successful candidate will negotiate on costings and ensure projects are delivered on budget.
They offer a fast-paced, high energy environment, where no two days are the same so candidates should enjoy and be willing to take on challenges!
Applicants will need to have exceptional people skills and a charismatic personality that clients can easily warm to. Candidates should have strong communication and rapport building skills both with colleagues and customers.
Good creative and forward thinking skills are a must as well as excellent problem-solving skills and the ability influence and persuade others to your point of view. The successful candidate will have a proven record on hitting and exceeding sales targets and should be driven and highly motivated.
The successful applicant should be comfortable working under pressure, often to tight deadlines, and should demonstrate confidence in handling multiple projects at the same time.
Candidates should be hungry to achieve and grow within a fast-growing Company.
Key skills and experience
- A can-do attitude and willingness to tackle a diverse array of tasks.
- At least 4 years previous buying experience in either the promotions or retail industries.
- A keen interest in consumer/ promotional products and an interest in quality assurance, ethical sourcing from manufacturers in UK, EU, Turkey and Far East.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills including a fantastic telephone manner.
- Team player, with personality, empathy and the drive to succeed.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills (essential).
- Exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close