6 months ago
Account Manager (111328)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive
: Jun 1, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The Corporate Sales directorate is responsible for acquisition, retention and growth of market share, revenue and profit for the B2B market opportunities within BT.
This role will focus on the retention and growth activities of existing BT customers. The Corporate sales teams manage the EE and BT brand and encompasses the sale of all connected products from voice to data, 4G, product partner sales, as well as the BT portfolio.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
What you'll be doing
* To profitably retain, develop and grow a portfolio of existing customer accounts. Achieve/exceed business targets, expressed in terms of revenue, new product revenue growth and customer satisfaction
* Retain every customer where possible
* Continuously develop your growth pipeline to ensure 5 times target cover as a minimum at all times
* Creation of an account/win plan for all re-sign and growth opportunities, demonstrating your own required actions and effective engagement of your virtual team
* Develop effective, multilayer relationships with customers, demonstrating your knowledge of their business and their decision making process, right across their business to add value and exceptional engagement, becoming a trusted and valued partner
* Conduct customer meetings and dialogue which supports your retention and growth campaign, fronting all commercial & contractual activity, and accurately record all sales activity on the central CRM system
* Own fully the customer relationship on behalf of EE/BT, enabling other teams to deliver service and products by working closely and being clear and open with communication
* Operate within published commercial and contractual guidelines, making effective use of escalation routes
* Act as an ambassador both in the external market and within internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour and deliver excellent customer experience results
* Comply with all elements of the corporate sales charter, and with all company policies and procedures
* Take responsibility for your own personal development and agree development plans with your line manager, to ensure you are fully conversant with the whole portfolio and can sell a value proposition
* Retention of customer base against aggressive market competition, maximising the EE/BT growth story and network benefits
* Identify value added services opportunities to sell and grow revenue
* Translation of account plans into actionable steps for self and virtual team
* Understand and be able to sell the current a future benefits of the EE/BT network and all propositions and value added services
* Improve customer scorecard feedback and scoring to a +8 across all accounts
* Continually learn about the industry and new products and services
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Proven experience and success in direct sales, generating growth and minimising churn in IT/Telecommunications or a business to business corporate market place
* Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels of the customer/prospect organisation
* Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong commercial acumen and business understanding enabling achievement of profitable growth and retention results
* Ability to articulate winning account plans and translate into tangible sales activities, successfully engaging virtual teams