I'm working with a leading manufacturer based in Portsmouth who have grown tremendously over the last few years and are now looking for an experienced Account Manager to join their team!
My client are a leading manufacturer of engineered products, with manufacturing sites in the UK and Europe, they have become a key supplier to many leading companies across this region.
Following a strong period of growth, the company is investing heavily within its business, focusing on two key objectives to sustain this growth period:-
- Modernise manufacturing processes using lean methodology to increase profitability
-Increase pro-active business development activity to increase revenue
This in turn has created an opportunity for an Account Manager to join the business at this exciting time of investment and growth!
The primary responsibility for the Account Manager will be to manage, leverage and develop existing relationships whilst identifying new opportunities with new and existing accounts.
Further responsibilities include:-
- Being the point of contact on pricing, strategy and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintaining a strong commercial understanding of each of the assigned accounts and managing projects effectively.
- Preparing estimates including calculations of component weights, cycle times and proposed layouts for existing and new customers.
- Working effectively with internal stakeholders to manage timescales efficiently.
- Managing the sales pipeline effectively in line with personal and corporate objectives.
- Being proactive in providing positive responses to the day-to-day challenges that arise seeking solutions rather than highlighting problems ensuring customer requirements are the main focus.
The successful Account Manager will:-
- Demonstrable experience of sales/account management in previous technical roles.
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional account management skills and growth within assigned accounts.
- Ideally 5 years+ key account management or sales experience.
- Have a background in working in a solution led role, working with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service levels.
- Be a self-starter, motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with a "can-do" attitude.
- Be able to travel to the head office in Portsmouth on a frequent basis
Competitive base salary