12 months ago
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuter’s desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
* Reuters Solutions are looking for an Account Manager to grow revenue across Display, Programmatic, Social, Video, Custom Creative, Content Marketing and Events.
* Based in London, this role will report directly into the Commercial Director EMEA.
* Leveraging senior client relationships, the Account Manager will be responsible for driving multimedia revenue for Reuters across Europe and the Middle East.
* Key to this role will be the ability to present at the most senior level and to articulate the full range of products within the Reuters Solutions portfolio.
* The Account Manager will pro-actively pitch new ideas, concepts and solutions to clients and not be reliant on the RFP process.
* The Account Manager will stay on top of industry trends and understand how Reuters can maximise opportunities in new and emerging areas.
* The successful applicant will win business across a broader range of clients and at a higher deal value than we have historically seen.
We are looking for people who are motivated to achieve success by showing initiative and challenging the norm. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are looking for people who take a pride in their work and their professional reputation. The most successful people at Thomson Reuters are those that can work collaboratively, demonstrate creativity and have an appetite to learn. We want people who can be ambassadors for Thomson Reuters and understand the responsibility that comes with representing the world’s no. 1 news agency.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* High volume of weekly meetings with prospective clients; presenting Reuters Solutions and ensuring a solid understanding of account strategy and challenges.
* In conjunction with the research team, present research and insight that highlights Reuters’ strength versus the competitive set.
* With Content, Production and Planners, develop proposals that align the advertisers’ strategy with our Content Marketing, Reuters.TV and Reuters.com offering.
* Win business across new and emerging platforms.
* With the Commercial Director EMEA, develop a quarterly plan for target accounts, associated agencies and revenue projections.
* High visibility at industry events as well as client entertainment.
* Updating and maintaining data and intelligence within SalesForce
* Achieve Quarterly and Annual revenue target
The candidate will create and maintain close internal relationships with Sales, Editorial, Product and Design as well as leveraging existing pan-regional client relationships.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven success in selling Content solutions on an International basis.
* Proven success in selling large value deals to clients direct and in conjunction with their agencies across different sectors including luxury, fashion and travel.
* Evidence of success in a multimedia environment.
* Excellent presentation skills: confident and articulate in client and agency meetings.
* Ability to interpret an RFP and develop integrated media plans.
* Strong understanding of the online advertising market and a view on future trends.
* Customer-focused, with excellent written and verbal communication including presentations.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented and analytical.
* Passionate about new business opportunities with evidence of having won new business.
* Passion for news and journalism.
* Additional languages.
* Experience in International advertising markets.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application e.g. job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.