Account Handler (Insurance)
Our client is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Account Handler (Personal Lines)
Location: Morton Michel, Croydon, Surrey (Commutable from London, Bromley, Caterham, Epsom and Twickenham)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000 per annum
About the role:
Our client is now recruiting for an Account handler. They are looking for an individual with experience of selling and retention of personal lines (Motor and Home) Insurance products and services.
You will be expected to demonstrate a technical skill set and the desire to acquire new skills. You will also be a team player and be able to maintain excellent client relationships, whilst executing administrative duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To deal with day to day administration on the personal lines account, including new business, mid-term adjustments, renewals and claims and processing enquiries via the website and by e-mail.
- To provide quotations verbally and in writing. To deal with technical queries both verbally and in writing.
- To carry out banking and postal duties as and when required.
- To keep updated about the household insurance market, new products and relevant legislation.
- To ensure compliance with processes and procedures as laid down by Morton Michel.
- To provide cover for other business lines within the department and carry out other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience of selling and retention of personal lines (Motor & Home) Insurance products and services. Demonstrated ability to meet and / or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- A proven track record of strong client relationships.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
- Maintaining & developing personal and technical expertise.
You may have experience of the following: Account Handler, Account Executive, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Administrator, Customer Service, Customer Service Advisor, Insurance Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Insurance Advisor, Sales Executive, Sales Advisor, Commercial Insurance, CII, Chartered Insurance Institute, etc.