Account Director - Retail
Position: Account Director - Retail
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Total package including benefits £75,000
They are a long established, privately owned and growing SME. Successful candidates are likely to be seeking a dynamic, non-corporate environment.
They are looking for someone who can take the lead with their existing Key Accounts, such as major retailers; but also to enjoy developing leads, converting and closing deals at the start of a potential new long term relationship.
The blend of skillset therefore requires someone who is a natural relationship builder, and comfortable in developing these within business environments as well as more informal social situations with the right people.
Key attributes of the ideal candidate would be:
- Commercially aware, target driven
- Key Account Management Expertise
- Detailed understanding of the major retailers, product selection, procurement and operational processes
- Product range development including own label and premium brands
- Management and co-ordination of a small team of direct and indirect reports, but with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Self-starter with a higher than average level of creativity
- Excellent Communications - verbal, written
- Working knowledge of Online B2C sales and fulfilment
- Network of existing contacts
- International Experience
- Likely to have experience in one or more of the following areas / sectors, sports & leisure, household chemicals, trade distributors
They have a friendly, team oriented way of working that can achieve incredible results and they would anticipate the appointee working within the office for almost half of the week.
Therefore the successful candidate should be based within an hour’s commute of Hull, East Yorkshire.
This role presents a motivating challenge, and they are keen to hear what is your passion in life ... !
You may have experience of the following: Account Director, Senior Account Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Director, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, etc.