Our client is looking to bring an Account Director on board in their London office to build and maintain prosperous relationships with large brands and FMCG clients. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to travel and expand their experience in this high-profile role.
They're an international marketing and communications agency that specialises in Word-of-Mouth (WoM) marketing. Similar to influencer marketing - their online community shares their experience and opinions on new products in reviews, photos and social media posts, as advocates for the many brands within their client base.
With offices in more that than 25 countries, they have run campaigns for large global companies such as Unilever, P&G, L'Oreal, Samsung, Phillips and many others in over 40 countries across the globe.
As they're going through a period of growth, they're looking to expand their commercial team in London.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone who is passionate about marketing and brands, comes from an Agency/FMCG background so understands the industry and market, and who can take responsibility for growing new and existing accounts by winning marketing campaigns.
The new Account Director's responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting new clients, initiating contact and starting conversations to establish partnerships
- Presenting the advantages of WoM marketing, negotiating and closing campaign deals with new and existing accounts
- Ensure the continuous growth of the accounts you're working on by keeping up to date on market trends, staying relevant and building prosperous relationships with key decision makers
The successful Account Director needs to have
- 3+ years' experience in sales/business development or marketing, either within a media agency or FMCG/consumer durables (client side)
- Experience in networking in the FMCG industry on senior management/board levels as well as establishing relationships with brand managers and marketing managers
- Experience in long sales cycles, successfully closing deals with a lead time of over 6 months
- Understanding of entrepreneurial businesses and environments, who can work autonomously without micro management
- Commercial awareness in the media/marketing/advertising market, and experience working with marketing agencies
- Strong network of contacts and links in the FMCG industry
- Possess a passion for marketing and brands, desire to win new business and establish new relationships in the market
- Career development in a rapidly growing international business
- Central London office, with a vibrant office culture near Moorgate
- Generous quarterly bonus (20%) on top of basic salary
- Flexible working, with the opportunity to travel both nationwide and internationally