about 1 month ago
ABC Broker Sales Manager (South)
Home Based Other
Home Based Outer London
We have a great opportunity to turbocharge our business with some of our smaller community brokers from around the UK. This represents one of UKI’s biggest profitable growth opportunities in 2019 and beyond. We’re looking for an experienced broker sales manager to be part of this exciting opportunity from the off, leading a team of 5 enthusiastic external sales people. You’ll be working alongside the team, supporting them in more complex situations, coaching and training. The role is covering the south of the UK, so an ideal location would be Thames Valley/ Bristol/ London/ M4 corridor.
The key to your success will be your ability to quickly build relationships and develop a strong internal network and well as inspiring your team to success. Naturally the role will involve a significant amount of time working away from an Aviva office so you should be organised, flexible and be able to drive – a car is included. You will need to be curious, tenacious, self-motivated, resilient and thoughtful. You’ll be adept at finding solutions for a wide range of business opportunities and you’ll work your way through challenges - but always with the customer in mind. It’s a varied and exciting role, working with some fantastic people who share the same vision.
Your working week will include:
* Working with 5 sales managers within the south UK, seeking opportunities to grow across all of our business areas.
* Leading the team to success by coaching and training, as well as joint meetings and using a consultative approach to find great solutions.
* Collaborating with senior colleagues to develop best practice, share ideas, develop new solutions and support growth across the wider team.
* Building and maintaining a clear contact strategy within the team that incorporates all relevant parts of the Aviva business and covers all levels of the broker hierarchy to maximise joint opportunities
* Responsible for growth and profit performance across the panel and finding solutions to outlier performance, working closely with business areas across Aviva.
* Proactively managing any broker conduct issues and making sure debt is managed well.
Ideally, you will have 5 years experience working with general insurance brokers in a development role.
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of £40-50k depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the recruitment team onor email@example.com
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone
with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.