Workshop Controller - Motor Trade Workshop Control - Automotive Jobs
Salary: £25,000 + Bonus (£5,000)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm and 1 in 3 Saturdays, 8.00am to 2.00pm
Our client is part of a large retail group in the motor industry that is renowned for delivering customer satisfaction with a wide variety of franchises. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this company as a Service Workshop Controller.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Workshop Controller role within the motor trade, preferably within a volume franchise.
Salary is dependent on skill level up to £25,000 with an OTE of up to £30,000+ per annum
This is a full time, permanent role, Monday - Friday, with possible weekend working required at times. A current valid driving licence is essential for this role.
Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible for controlling & leading workshop efficiency by making best use of the resources & people in order to ensure a high level of productivity. Leading by example, this role will ensure that the dealership provides a courteous, professional & advisory service to customers aiming for ultimate customer satisfaction.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
• Determine availability of workshop hours daily & communicate regularly with the Service Reception of capacity of workload
• Maintain progress information of each job allocated & liaise with Service Reception to ensure customers are kept informed
• Monitor all workshop orders through the Parts department, keeping ahead of outstanding work & parts on order
• Ensure all applicable paperwork is passed onto, and administered by, the appropriate department
• Pass on all documentation for completed work to Tester & organise any extra work if necessary
• Assist & advise team members in dealing with technical & job related problems
• Provide workshop apprentices training & experience to meet skill test requirements
• Comply with manufacturers’ policy & procedures on warranty
• Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times whilst also motivating your team.
How to Apply: Please
Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, Chatteris, Eaton Socon, Ely, Fulbourn, Godmanchester, Histon, Huntingdon, March, Northstowe, Ramsey, St. Ives, St. Neots, Soham, Whittlesey, Wisbech and Yaxley include main dealers, independents, family owned businesses, used car supermarkets, Fast Fit Centres, Bodyshops and large PLC’s with franchises such as Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Audi, Land Rover, Lexus, Toyota, Ford, Peugeot, Vauxhall, Renault, Citroen, Nissan, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat, Mazda, Suzuki, BMW, Mini, Kia, Chevrolet, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Land Rover, Mazda, Saab, and Volvo.