4 months ago
Experienced Workshop Controller - Cambridge - Cambridgeshire
Our client is part of a large retail dealer group in the motor industry that is renowned for delivering customer satisfaction with a wide variety of franchises. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this company as a Workshop Controller.
The ideal candidate will have current or previous experience in a Workshop Controller role within the motor trade.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Purpose of the role as a Workshop Controller:
This role is responsible for controlling & leading workshop efficiency by making best use of the resources & people in order to ensure a high level of productivity. Leading by example, this role will ensure that the dealership provides a courteous, professional & advisory service to customers aiming for ultimate customer satisfaction.
Key tasks and responsibilities of a Workshop Controller include:
• Determine availability of workshop hours daily & communicate regularly with the Service Reception of capacity of workload
• Maintain progress information of each job allocated & liaise with Service Reception to ensure customers are kept informed
• Monitor all workshop orders through the Parts department, keeping ahead of outstanding work & parts on order
• Ensure all applicable paperwork is passed onto, and administered by, the appropriate department
• Pass on all documentation for completed work to Tester & organise any extra work if necessary
• Assist & advise team members in dealing with technical & job related problems
• Provide workshop apprentices training & experience to meet skill test requirements
• Comply with manufacturers’ policy & procedures on warranty
• Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times whilst also motivating your team.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your up to date CV to Maria @drivenmotorjobs.com or call
It would be greatly appreciated if when sending in your CV, you keep it in a Word compatible format.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Previous experience as a Workshop Controller or as a Master Technician looking for the next step within a Motor Trade Dealership is essential,
Submit your up to date CV, ensuring you include all your contact details, including your mobile phone number, postcode and your email address.
NB: Your details will not be sent to any of our client’s without your permission.