Warehouse Operator / Collection & Delivery Driver required for a Logistics, Parcel, Pallet & Courier Company, an award winning overnight delivery company, based in Cannock, Staffordshire, West Midlands.
Due to increased demand we are looking to add to our professional team of Warehouse Operators / Drivers
Job Title: Warehouse Operator / Collection & Delivery Driver
This could be a stepping stone to a future full time Multi Drop Collections & Delivery Driver role.
Circa 30 hours per week, Mon to Friday, 2.30pm to 9pm.
£7.94 per hour + monthly attendance bonus + benefits.
The role will be a mixture of Warehouse work and C& D Driving.
Area: Cannock, covering WS & WV postcodes.
Product: Logistics and Courier company, with a company philosophy of providing first class service at all times and exceeding expectations.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:-
To ensure pallets and parcels are unloaded from vehicles in accordance with operational requirements and to assist when required as an additional Collections and Delivery driver, driving a Mercedes Sprinter and delivering / collecting in WS and WV postcodes.
1. To unload parcels from incoming collection vehicles and load onto the track.
2. To check the weight and delivery service are shown correctly on the labels as appropriate and re-label if necessary.
3. To scan the parcels as they are loaded onto the track using the hand-held scanner.
4. To unload the parcels from the track and load into the outbound parcel cages.
5. To load the trunk vehicles so that they leave for their destinations on time.
6. To liaise between the Warehouse and the office in order to resolve any problems.
7. To undertake general housekeeping duties in the Warehouse in order to ensure a clean, healthy and safe working environment is maintained.
8. To assist when required as an additional Collections and Delivery driver, driving a Mercedes Sprinter and delivering / collecting in WS and WV postcodes.
Key Skills / Experience:
Previous experience of Warehouse work essential and particularly Warehouse work in logistics industry, would be beneficial.
A key requirement with this role is attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
It would be desirable if you have a Fork Lift license and previous Multi drop driving experience, however not a necessity.
Full clean driving licence essential as regular C&D work will be required (a driving assessment will be part of the interview process)
- Good listener
- Team Player
- Ability to multi task and work on own initiative when required
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
If you are interested then forward your CV as a word attachment to Frazer.