Warehouse and Operations Manager, £42,000 Basic plus benefits. Due to internal promotion, this is a new opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to lead almost twenty staff across three teams in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution/supply chain. The three teams are led by relatively inexperienced team leaders who require mentoring and guidance to ensure that they meet their efficiency targets. As such the role requires a graduate-calibre professional with proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
The company are an engineering supplies business that operates across Europe and enjoys high-profit margins together with many well-known manufacturers as clients. The role is primarily a people management one that requires a systems-oriented professional that can drive high performance through process improvement, training and overall team engagement.
This is a fascinating management role as the company have grown from eight to forty-five staff in just a few years and are looking to continue this exponential growth. As such it needs an operations professional that can improve systems, recruit and lead teams and get the very best out of the resources within their domain. You will also be a member of the senior leadership team and as such will have input into the direction of the business and are expected to challenge the status quo.
So what is needed:
* A positive people-manager that is dynamic, engaging, hands-on and a strong leader. Regarding style, you will have a mentoring and coaching approach and be passionate about motivating people via 'carrot' rather than 'stick'.
* A systems and processes oriented operations manager that is dedicated to continuous development both personally and professionally.
* Some understanding of budgetary control, procurement, project management and operational strategy.
* A personality with ideas, energy and brilliant interpersonal skills
* Also, you will be a bold and compelling communicator that can deal with some occasionally tough situations and take bold decisions.
* A knowledge of quality processes would also be useful.
To apply please
This vacancy is being advertised by Aaron Wallis Recruitment and Training Limited operating as an Employment Agency, registered in England No. 6356563