My client are looking for a Business Development Manager (Test & Measurement) to join their Sales team.
My client is a well-known distributor of electronic components.
The Business Development Specialists main focus will be to work closely with both Customers and the sales team internally and externally, this includes customer demonstrations, product advice/updates/after sales support and training for the sales teams.
Other key aspects/responsibilities for the role will be the following - to increase year on year sales, work closely with our Test & Measurement Suppliers/ Asset Team to ensure that we develop our range and brand awareness within the Test and Measurement Sector. This will also include hosting seminars, setting up exhibitions with our Marketing Team.
* Increase product awareness and exceed the sales and profit objective for across all markets to increase market share
* To lead the development of target Test & Measurement accounts in a territory to create value, drive revenue and become the trusted customer business partner in the High Service Space
* Partnering with Outside & Inside Sales teams to drive and implement strategies (including collaboration with other RSMs in the region) and collaboration with inbound and outbound managers to ensure efficiency and support
* Proactive identification of opportunities in target customers, together with maintaining partnerships with sales through activities such as side-by-side peer coaching and "buddy" phone calls and visits
* Development of regular account and market planning - strategic 30 / 60 / 90 day plans and end to end analysis and reporting to uncover business opportunities that ultimately drive revenue
* Empowering Sales teams to work with the Specialists to set up demo opportunities and/or identify viable customer base who would benefit from a demo when appropriate for the product category
* Direct responsibility for a group of major/strategic customers in the UK
* Collaboration and partnership with all key functional departments and stakeholders; Quotes, Product, Supplier Management etc to ensure efficiency and support for assigned accounts and territory.
The successful candidates will have:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Proven experience in technical sales
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required
* Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization
* Ability to work independently - must have ability to be self-directed
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong knowledge of Tektronix products, services and offerings
* Ability to identify and qualify opportunities to expand our business within a specified territory
* Sales "hunter" mentality and skill-set
* College degree (or equivalent experience). Electrical Engineering degree or courses, plus:
* Technical knowledge
* University degree or proven track record
* Understanding of future electronics roadmap and how design and development in the electronics space plays a vital role for future sales
A very competitive salary, + car + bonus + other benefits