about 1 month ago
AVADO exists to help everyone achieve their potential, with lifelong learning that works. Our digitally-powered learning gives people and businesses all over the world the critical skills they need to succeed in today's rapidly changing world - and tomorrow's. Our unique approach to lifelong learning combines deep expertise, collaborative learning, scalable technology and award-winning learning design to deliver experiences that have real impact. Our goal is to reinvent learning for fulfilling lifelong careers.
AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY. We have partnerships with the Google Digital Academy and the CIPD, offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York and we are backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s largest venture builder.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
AVADO is recruiting a Strategic Accounts Director to support the planned expansion of the business, specifically focused on large-scale global corporates in designated industry sectors (i.e. Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG). This role will exist to help grow what is essentially a new business division and will be a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organisation. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the company’s revenues over the next five years, with the initial focus on the UK and parts of EMEA, but with wider international ambitions. The Strategic Accounts Director will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing one or a portfolio of high-value customers within a sector. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth and exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organisation.
You’ll take responsibility for a portfolio of our key client(s) (likely 1-2) and the revenues, client results and relationships associated with these. Your job will be to achieve great results through AVADO’s learning solutions, and as a result to grow and expand our business with them.
* Delivering revenue growth in line with overall client/AVADO plan and targets
* Creating compelling strategic account plans for the partnership between AVADO and the client, with joint objectives that result in mutual success and expansion
* Identifying opportunities to grow and expand AVADO’s learning solutions inside the client organisation, selling and implementing these
* Building exceptionally strong commercial relationships with your key clients and their wider companies
* Representing clients’ needs to the rest of AVADO (e.g. management team, Board members, product/technology team) to capitalise on learnings and ensure continuous progress with your clients and for the overall business
* Translating the client’s objectives and success criteria into compelling programmes of work, combining the use of AVADO learning solutions with whatever services and activities from our side / the client’s side are required to achieve the objectives
* Driving implementation of the work required to support these programmes – either doing/leading the work yourself or partnering with others in the AVADO team to get it done
* Seeking opportunities to expand AVADO’s business inside and, potentially, outside the client
* Being part of the wider commercial team at AVADO, taking part in events, demos, marketing activities etc which help promote and expand the company commercially.
* Over time you will also have the opportunity to manage (directly and indirectly) other members of the commercial/client services team, particularly as you grow your client portfolio.
Desired Skills and Experience
To Join us you’ll need:
* 5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced client-facing account management/sales or programme management role, working with C-level / senior people in large companies
* Experience of selling / delivering tech solutions into large organisations
* Degree level education
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Very strong commercial/sales and analytical thinking skills
* Proactive problem solver
* Resilience, dedication to achieving challenging goals
* High IT and tech competency
* Desire to go the extra mile for clients / the business
Who we’re looking for:
* Passion for learning and someone who understands and is passionate about the HR / L&D market in large companies
* Autonomous self-starting approach with a natural curiosity for how things can be done better
* You’re comfortable in a high-growth environment, working at a fast pace and adjusting course regularly
* An “owner” mindset – you’re somebody who will stop at nothing to help your clients and our company succeed
What we think we can offer you:
* Be part of a growing, energetic cross-functional team building something really exciting
* Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, working with some of the world’s great companies in the UK and beyond
* Great development opportunities for great people, inside our company and more widely in the Blenheim Chalcot group
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.