Job Title: Store Manager
Locations: Alderley Edge, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
The company is the UK's No.1 destination for buying wine online. They have a choice of more than 1200 wines, spirits and gifts. The business also runs more than 45 stores across the UK providing expert advice to customers on all types of wine for the right occasions.
As part of their growth plans for the Retail business, the Alderley Edge Store is a new one and represents a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to really make an impact and shape the Shop's success. This will give you a platform with high visibility within the organisation and significant autonomy to manage and drive the business successfully.
They're looking for a new Shop Manager to actively lead a professional, efficient and organised team ensuring that optimum performance is maintained at all times. You will maintain and own the communication process between the central management team and your shops team creating a well-run retail operation.
The Shop Manager will be responsible for overseeing all training and coaching of staff ensuring that the shop is exceeding all company requirements and delivering exceptional customer service. You will ensure that targets are closely monitored and understood by the team whilst working with central management team to ensure that these can be met with appropriate marketing and customer contact.
- Determine what your personal and shops objectives should be working with the Retail Operations Manager.
- Achieve your Weekly/Monthly sales targets.
- Pro-actively manage all staffing levels, attendance, and day to day rota-management.
- Responsible for generating a positive environment for all staff to work in and for coaching and development to flourish.
- Actively assist the central management team to monitor the performance of the shops team, ensuring everyone is working to their potential and using all development opportunities available.
- Awareness of the company's overall direction, mid / short and long-term, fully understanding the involvement and importance of Retail within the vision.
- Motivate people to perform required tasks through incentives and rewards for successful work (to be agreed with the Retail Operations Manager).
- Acts as role model when coaching in order to build a high performing team.
- Check that required work is being performed by setting standards of performance, investigating variance and taking corrective action where required.
- Undertake weekly team meetings with the staff to ascertain any problems or development needs.
- Ensure that all staff are making the required number of calls to customers on a weekly basis. Identify training where necessary.
- Influence and encourage up selling amongst your team - then analyse and monitor performance and progress.
- Ensure that costs are monitored and kept as tight as possible.
- Ensure all communications are cascaded to your team including the Monthly plan and the Ops Planner.
- To maintain margin in line with the shops P&L.
- To ensure that you and your team adhere to the administration guidelines.
- Educated to GCSE Level or above.
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- WSET Level 3 (Preferred).
- Retail management experience (essential).
- Hospitality or hosting of events, with food preparation (desirable).
- Entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with staff, central operations team and customers.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Driven by targets, sales and results.
- Commercially focused.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Be able to cope with authority in a business environment.
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and those of your team.
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them.
- Ability to make an immediate and positive impact with all people you are in contact with.
- The ability to lead from the front and manage a diverse team.
- The ability to tackle difficult situations as and when they arise.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Wine Sales, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Sales Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Store Team Leader, Store Supervisor, Shop Manager, Shop Team Leader, Sales Team Leader, Sales Supervisor, Assistant Sales Manager, Assistant Manager, Convenience Store Manager will also be considered for this role.