5 months ago
Specialist Lawyer – Retail, Wealth and Business Banking – Milton Keynes
Job Title: Specialist Lawyer – Retail, Wealth and Business Banking – Milton Keynes
Region: South East England
Salary: £45000 - £49999
Date Closes: 02/01/2018
Ref Number: A21358
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Lawyer to join our Retail team based in Milton Keynes. In this role you will act as principle contact within Legal for product lifecycle from innovation, development and delivery to specific product advice. The job holder will work primarily on banking and savings products and have good knowledge of the Payment Services Regulations relevant to retail and business banking.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Specialist Lawyer your main responsibilities will be
* Providing high quality legal support for retail, business and general banking matters for Santander UK’s banking business
* Effectively managing legal risk and reports in line with organisational and departmental requirements
* Providing concise and easily understandable legal advice on medium to complex subject matters
* Liaising with appropriate business areas to ensure that matters are appropriately supported within Legal and best practices shared with wider teams
* Building effective and lasting relationships with all stakeholders
Minimum skills and experience required
* Must hold either a current Solicitors Practising Certificate for England and Wales or be fully admitted to the English Bar or hold a Scottish or foreign jurisdiction capable of conversion
* Experience and working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for financial products and services is essential - this includes good knowledge of the Payment Services Regulations relevant to retail and business banking
* The role requires a sound working knowledge of all aspects of regulated banking together with a thorough understanding of the retail and business banking business, its drivers, challenges and market practices with specific focus on retail banking and savings
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to complete outputs for different audiences, including senior management.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
In 2016 we signed the HM Treasury's Charter on Women in Financial Services