Southern UK Area Sales Manager required to sell technically specified products / sub systems to manufacturers and direct to end user customers via refurbishment / modernisation contractors”
BASIC: £45,000 -£50,000 + OTE £55,000 - £60,000 + Company Car (Choice of) + Group Benefits + 25 Days plus Stats
LOCATION: Home based covering SE England (including all within the M25) Northern Home Counties, and East Anglia
COMPANY PROFILE - Southern Area Sales Manager
* We are a market leading manufacturer, part of a £bn International Group (FTSE 250) that employs in excess of 5,000 personnel and operates in over 20 countries worldwide.
* We manufacture and supply elevator safety, display and communication systems direct to elevator & elevator door manufacturers and associated elevator maintenance & modernisation contractors.
* We have 4 R&D / manufacturing facilities across three continents and 13 sales offices worldwide.
* With three industry recognised brands, each with a strong market presence, unique identity and distinct product ranges, our products have been installed in over 3 million buildings worldwide.
Due to internal promotion and to strengthen our UK Sales team, we wish to recruit a technical sales professional to:
* Take responsibility for driving sales across the Southern UK region for a set of existing, development & target customer accounts (lift manufacturers, lift component manufacturers, and maintenance & modernisation contractors). You will also influence sales to these accounts by gaining specification of our products to architects, consulting engineers and direct to a select number of national end-users (e.g. major retailers, hotel groups).
* Manage sales / relationship with a key UK distributor who handles smaller value contracts/accounts.
The role will require frequent visits throughout the region to help drive sales. It is expected that 80% of your time will be spent with customers / travelling to & from them conducting sales / technical presentations / sales negotiations.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS Southern Area Sales Manager
Industry experience is not important. However, we are interested in receiving applications from sales professionals who:
* Have a proven track record of selling any technically specified product, solution or capital equipment into the B2B arena. This is not a commodity based sell; it is a consultative, specification / project based sell where “technical solutions / problem solving” and “added value” play an integral part of the selling process.
* Are degree qualified or of graduate calibre; bright individuals who are able to think on their own two feet and work with the minimum of supervision and direction.
* Succession planning is an integral part of our recruitment process and it is imperative we employ individuals who have the desire and capability to take on greater responsibilities both now and in the future.
* We offer the genuine potential for career development within our company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
Just as a point of reference, it is likely you will have held any one of the following roles selling technically related products – Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Area Sales Manager and/or Regional Sales Manager.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Southern Area Sales Manager reference JG1611-12 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.